1. Spherical Time

Spherical Time New Member

Amazon Associate

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Spherical Time, Nov 4, 2006.

Okay, I guess I'm on another suggestion kick, so I'm going to get this over with.

I'm not sure if you're incorporated in any sense, but if you are, you may want to consider signing up to be an Amazon Associate. There are ways to create links to books on amazon, and you'd get a few cents per sale.

Another site that I belong to has an "amazon" button, and when you mention a book, you can surround it with "Amazon" tags that automatically form the links. I just thought I'd suggest it.

2. Raven

Raven Banned

Actually that sounds like a really good idea. :)

3. IndianaJoan

IndianaJoan New Member

I agree!

4. franceslynn

franceslynn New Member

If you're a member of Amazon Associates, you can click on Buld Links, then click on Product Link. If you put the ISBN for your book in the dialogue box, you are given the relevant HTML code for your book. You can then paste the code on your site. Voila! You have an Amazon ad for your book with the cover + price on your site.

HTML:

Frances Lynn is a professional writer and journalist. Her two novels, "Frantic" and "Crushed" are published by Eiworth Publishing at http://yourbookstore.eiworth.se/. Her musings about writing can be read at http://www.writerholic.blogspot.com/ Her personal website is http://franceslynn.org
    HTML:

5. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

Thanks for the suggestion... appreciated. It's actually on my todo list, of sorts. I was going to make this the "bookstore", but I couldn't get a decent looking store up. I'll pursue this eventually, but it's not my number one priority.

But thanks!

6. Esaul

Esaul New Member

I don't understand the concept. Can someone clarify for me please?

7. Spherical Time

Spherical Time New Member

Running a site like this costs money. Especially when it's as professionally done as this one is.

Amazon has a program called "Amazon Associates." If you become a member, then if I create a link to Amazon like this:

Tolkien - Return of the King

Then if people go through the link and buy the book, this website would get a little bit of money.