1. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

amazon's amazing new comp for screenwriters...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mammamaia, Nov 23, 2010.

guess i can't put the link here, but it's called 'amazon studios' and you can google for it...

there's no entry fee and winner stands to get a bundle, plus have her/his script produced...

i entered an old script, just to see how it works... plus, my free books and donation center here could sure use the prize money, if such a miracle should come to pass!

just put the title [sons of adam] or my name [maia] in the search slot and you'll find it... complimentary comments and rave reviews will be greatly appreciated ;) ... and if it gets produced, i'll send you all free passes to the star-studded premiere!

[warning: the screenplay was written way back in my 'old life' so it has some pretty creative violent content, i'm sorry to say... :redface: ]

2. Unit7

Unit7 Contributor Contributor

Just watched the introduction video explaining it. It sounds like a really cool thing and... well the prize money has me more then drooling a bit.

Out of curiosity, why did you choose that screenplay if it has such violence in it? I don't know you to well, but I do know you are strongly against any form of violence. Don't have to answer if you don't want to. Just curious is all.

3. Northern Phil

Northern Phil Active Member

I saw that a couple of days ago. It looks like an interesting competition and I will be entering it myself.

I think everyone who enters needs to look at it realistically. The BBC recieves 10,000 scripts a year so I think something like this could easily recieve 100 percent more.

Maia - I downloaded a copy of your script which I'll have a look through later, it does seem interesting and it appeals to my inner geek.

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

unit...
    it's the only script that survived the abandoning of all of my old life's works [for some mysterious reason], so i figure it must be meant to do some good some day, or it would've been a goner, too... i'd left it with my agent, along with a completed book and he thought they both would sell, so i suppose it's commercial enough material and has some chance in a comp... should it win or sell, i'll be able to turn bad into good with the proceeds...

phil... let me know what you think, if you don't mind... but not here, please... either on the site, or by email...

hugs, m