Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SMTM

SMTM Member

An Inanimates Perspective?

Discussion in 'Bi-Weekly Short Story Contest Archives' started by SMTM, Feb 13, 2008.

Im confused. The short story contest was supposed to be about an inanimate object now its about an inanimate objects perspective?

An inanimate objects perspective does not make any sense at all. Having a perspective would make it conscious and that is not what an inanimate object is.

2. MarcG

MarcG Contributing Member

I suppose the point was rather like if the inanimate HAD a perspective, what would it be like, rather than a story from the vantage point of some outside observer (unless said observer was an inanimate :p)

3. Gannon

Gannon Contributing Member Contributor

My fault - I used both themes at the same time - an inanimate and an inanimate's perspective - your entry is valid as both themes are valid. Sorry for the confusion. And yes MarcG is right, the perspective element is conditional / subjunctive - if an inanimate were to have a perspective, how would that go?

Thanks for your entries.

4. SMTM

SMTM Member

Okay, but I still don't recall there being an option for the perspective of an inanimate.

5. SMTM

SMTM Member

So did I miss something? Was that an option?

6. MarcG

MarcG Contributing Member

No, it was the theme. If I remember right it was "From the Perspective of an Inanimate".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.