1. Talisien

Talisien Member

An insight into my world

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Talisien, Mar 6, 2015.

I am a new member to Writing Forums and, in fact, new to any writing forum, so I am feeling my way around slowly.

I loved writing at school but was unfortunately never encouraged or supported. Any writing talent I may have therefore has been locked in a large plastic box in a cupboard, along with preciously hoarded school essays and the occasional scribbled attempt at poetry or prose.

Recently, due to financial hardship, the plastic box has become a laptop as I attempt to train my wayward leanings into something profitable. I am mid-way through both a creative writing course, and a proofreading and copy editing course.

Encouraged to expand my experience of sharing my work on the internet I have started a couple of online blogs and self published a short piece on Amazon Kindle. This is the next step in my adventure.

I welcome any comments or critique on my work when I start to post them in a couple of weeks, and I look forward immensely in reading the work of other members.

2. Boger

Boger Senior Member

Welcome!

I started here, as a first step "out there" into the jungle.

Good luck...

Talisien likes this.
  3. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Hi, @Talisien, and welcome to the forum! If you haven't already done so, please check out our New Member Quick Start Guide - it'll get you going around here.

You seem to have a good attitude - in spite of financial hardship, you view writing as an adventure, and that's very cool. You'll fit right in here. Participate and have fun! :)

Talisien likes this.
  4. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome.