1. JRF

JRF New Member

An odd thing involving titles.

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by JRF, Nov 13, 2011.

As this is my first post on here I'll start by saying Im thankfull to find such a place, this is truly a treasure chest of usefull knowledge as well as motivation. In the near future I plan to post a short story that is pretty close to my heart but that is also extremely simplistic, incomplete and amaturish at best even though it was really fun to write. The reason I like this story so much is that unlike nearly all of my other novels and short stories the title came to me first. I usaully have to figure the title out as the work progresses or is completed. I do ask forgiveness if this is posted in the wrong place. I look forward to contributing and offering any services I may have.

JRF

2. Pythonforger

Pythonforger Carrier of Insanity

You mean.... you got this awesome title idea and built a story around it?

Uh.

3. cruciFICTION

cruciFICTION Contributing Member Contributor

I did that with my current novel. I called it "Devil Waters Rising" and then just started typing random stuff, not knowing who anybody was, except that the devil was there.
    Later, when I gave the devil a name, I gave him the surname Waters so that it would fit. The story built up on its own after that.

I don't particularly see anything wrong with it, to be honest. I mean, whatever works, afaic, is good.