1. novicenovella23

novicenovella23 New Member

And the plot thickens!

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by novicenovella23, Mar 21, 2013.

Here's the plot for my current storyline. I love this plot, but I feel that it could use some tweaking, so any suggestions are welcomed!

A girl and her family are driving across country to visit some family, and they are driving through the night. She gets tired and falls asleep. She wakes up in the morning to find the car stopped in the middle of nowhere. The doors are open. There's blood everywhere inside the car. No sign of mom or dad, nor little sister.

She gets out and follows a blood trail. She comes across the body of her father. The body has been ripped to shreds, but she can identify him from his clothing. Further out, she finds her mother and sister. They've been torn to pieces too.

She's freaking out. She goes in search of a road, a passing car, a house, anyone.

Where is she? What happened? Why was she spared? Where is everybody?

I also want to incorporate a supernatural aspect somewhere into the story. Maybe she was spared because of some undiscovered supernatural ability?

What are your thoughts on it?

2. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Good start, has potential.

3. DeathandGrim

DeathandGrim Senior Member

Nihilism mixed with supernatural horror?

Grundy approves

4. jazzabel

jazzabel Agent Provocateur Contributor

All you have here is the beginning. You need to spend some time on it and develop it into a plot. People here can't do all the work for you.

5. chicagoliz

chicagoliz Contributor Contributor

That's a great concept/initial problem. But you're asking us to then write the story. Only you can do that. If 100 of us answer the question, you'll get 100 different stories. Since you came up with the concept, I'm most interested in your's.

6. Madman

Madman Life is Sacred Contributor

Seems like a good beginning. I just have one question; How come she didn't wake up while all of this was happening?
    Or is that perhaps a hint to the story?

7. Mckk

Mckk Member Supporter Contributor

Interesting premise, but it is not a plot - you don't have a plot at all. All you have is the set-up of how things start. Since you're loving the premise so much, get thinking and come back when you know what the story's about :) Would be interested in finding out what you come up with!

8. Drstrong

Drstrong Active Member

Maybe she really is a werewolf and was responsible for everything. That would explain why she is still alive, and why she wasn't killed by whatever killed the family.

It also fits the way the people were killed, and it took place overnight.

She doesn't know she is a werewolf, but maybe she was recently bit by a wolf randomly along the family's trip. You could go anywhere with this, but that's my input!

9. TimHarris

TimHarris Member

Modern twist to little red riding hood perhaps?

10. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

It doesn't matter what we think. A story idea is unimportant. How well you can present the final story toi the reader is all that matters.

You can write a good story about walking down the street twiddling your thumbs, or about going out to the mailbox. Or you can write a piece of crap using the same storyline as your favorite Oscar-winning movie.

Don't obsess about how good or bad the idea is. Just find a way to package it up and deliver it to readers in a way that plays a symphony on their emotions.

11. spartan928

spartan928 Member

To me your describing a couple scenes. It could go any possible direction so it's impossible to say if these scenes would be part of a solid or weak story. That's up to you to map out. It's intriguing, go play!