1. TessaT

TessaT Senior Member

Anime-2013 Fall Season

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by TessaT, Oct 9, 2013.

Hey Everyone! I see a lot of people saying that they like to watch Anime, but don't see anything specific on it! Since new Animes are being released for the Fall 2013 Season, I thought we should go over what we find might be good!

I'm looking forward to the second season of Magi, as the first season was pretty interesting. My list of interests this seasons are: Kyoukai no Kanata, Coppelion, Outbreak Company, Nagi no Asukara, Pupa, and Strike the Blood.

From Spring 2013, of course, we have Attack on Titan, followed by Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet, Hataraku Maō-sama, and Servant x Servant. I'm sure I'm forgetting some, but that tends to happen when the new season starts!

What about you? What did you enjoy? What are you looking forward to?

2. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

Well... I don't think this thread really fits this kind of forum.

EDIT: Oh is the Lounge, nevemind, my bad

EDIT 2: Well my interest in the fall season are:
    Yozakura Quartet Hana no Uta
    Yozakura Quartet Tsuki ni Naku
    Kara no Kyoukai Mirai Fukuin
    Puella Magi Madoka Magica third movie: Hangyaku no Monogatari
    Pokemon The Origin (Though that was already released and finished)

I'm more excited for the upcoming Fate/Stay Night remake by Ufotable, Heaven's feel was confirmed (Probably in 2014 though), and waiting for Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders (Probably in 2014 also)

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  3. lixAxil

Oh and for the previous seasons
    I kinda enjoyed Shingeki no Kyoujin and Monogatari Series Season 2 (That's still on air)
    As well enjoying the Hunter X Hunter remake that begun in 2011.

Which disappointed me though were

Devil Survivor 2 and Higurashi no naku koro ni Kaku (Despite being a great fan of the series)

4. Thomas Kitchen

Thomas Kitchen Proofreader in the Making Contributor

I'm *kind of* a fan of anime, and I've seen the explosion on the Internet that is Attack on Titan. Is it any good?

5. lixAxil

That depends on your perception and likes
    SnK kinda introduces a deconstruction of fantasy in a very crude way. Brutal scenes are common. Besides the idea is kinda something original. Also the animation did a very good job making some scenes quite awesome.
    On the other hand the pace is very slow and the anima abused of eyecatchers and cliffhangers to a point it became irritant.

The boom is probably due to the amount of censorship that exist nowaday in Japan and the fact that the popular shonen had become boring and repetitive.
    As thus the show came with no regulation on censorship (besides some low one) and with an original idea.

In my personal score I kinda gave a 7/10 to it.
    I liked it, however it didn't really catched my attention in the way that other shows had done before.

Let's say that although it had an interesting concept, its strenght is more in the animation, fights and brutal scenes.