Anime

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by RusticOnion, Dec 31, 2011.

1. funkybassmannick

funkybassmannick New Member

I LOVED DBZ. I was at first a little skeptical for DBZ kai, but I actually think it's an improvement. If you haven't seen it, they basically trimmed the entire show down. So, instead of powering up for a whole episode, it's only a short scene. And it doesn't take like a week to make a spirit bomb. With this faster pace, the story actually moves and is pretty good.

I was an adult swim anime junky. Gundam Wing, Cowboy BebopOutlaw Star, InuYasha, Bleach, Lupin the 3rd, Neon Genesis, Paranoia Agent, Samurai Shamploo, s-CRY-ed, Trigun, Tenchi-Muyo!, With Hunter Robin, Wolf's Rain, and even Big O (which took me a while to get into). I've only seen one episode of Death Note, I thought it was good but it didn't hook me. Everyone rants and raves over it, though, so I'll probably get to it sometime. Same thing wiht Yu-Yu Hakusho. Most of my anime appreciation came directly from adult swim, back when it was awesome. Although, I saw s-CRY-ed before it was on adult swim. The japanese version is much better. I love Steven Blum (voice of Kazuma here, but also Roger Smith in Big O, Spike in Cowboy Bebop and Mugen in Samurai Shamploo to name a few) but when he tries to raise his voice to play the teenage Kazuma, it sounds weird.

2. Jhunter

Jhunter Mmm, bacon. Contributor

You guys should watch Dragon Ball Z Kai. It is the same story/episodes--but re-done without the long drawn out garbage.

3. Random Gerbil

Random Gerbil New Member

desert punk - i liked it.
    howl's moving castle- its neat.
    ergo proxy - cant pinpoint reasons, just liked it.
    jin-roh the wolf brigade - dark and moody. civil unrest from the perspective of one emotionally distressed man. also, blood and gore. fun times.
    ghost in the shell - old but a classic.

my neighbor totoro - awesome magical cat bus. nuff said. nothing terribly mind-blowing, just.... cute.

4. Superevil225

Superevil225 Member

These are my recommendations:
    Baccano! - Set around the 1930's following a group of immortals, and a some eccentric characters. Action, Comedy, Drama.

Ghost Hound - A group of young children are able to have OBE. Slowly, they uncover mysteries of the past. Psychological, Drama.

Darker Than Black - Chinese electric Batman takes down rogue 'Contractors', humans with supernatural powers. Action, Drama.

Tiger And Bunny - What would Superheros look like if they had sponsors? What if superheros were a marketing ploy? Comedy, Action.

No. 6 - Two young men adventure beyond the walls of the city No. 6 and into the wasteland, uncovering the truth behind No. 6 and the government. Romance, Drama, Adventure.

Mystic Archives of Dantalian - Huey inherits his grandfather's library of over 10 thousand book, and a girl who unlocks another library filled with books that possess supernatural powers. Fantasy, Historical Fiction.

5. Fullmetal Xeno

Fullmetal Xeno Protector of Literature Contributor

Yeah, i could tell by the long pauses. If i could find season 1 of the original English version i swear i'd be super happy. I always find like season 5 or 6.

6. Daydream

Daydream Contributor Contributor

Quite enjoying Guilty Crowne at the moment!!

7. Connor Bible

Connor Bible New Member

Port Royal, South Carolina, United States
    Working on an Akira fanfic.