1. Caliope

Caliope Member

Another hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Caliope, Jun 25, 2015.

Greetings!

I am relatively new to writing. I've had one college short story writing class in which I learned a ton. I did well and was emplored to finish my "book" that I wasn't planning on writing. After letting the one chapter I wrote sit for a long while, I find it's something I often think about actually finishing and find myself here to glean what I can from what is, obviously, a great resource; this forum and it's members.

I am enjoying reading here, I like Sci-fi and Fantasy and the occasional Romance.

I always introduce myself late because I don't want to lose the page for my initial comments that prompted me to join. So, I apologise for introducing myself after two critiques.

Critiques are something I am probably not good at yet but I try to give constructive input in every one so take them for whatever they are worth to you. I am trying to do them according to this forums outline, also something I am not yet good at. Feel free to critique my critiques.

I think I would really enjoy being an editor but, alas, I don't have the right experience or education.

I am very glad to be here and look forward to getting to know everyone.

2. Wreybies

Wreybies The Ops Pops Operations Manager Staff Contest Administrator Supporter Contributor

Hold up. :wtf: Wait a minute. :bigconfused: Did you just apologize for giving critiques?? :ohno::-D

Never apologize for giving critiques! :bigwink: Critiquing is what the whoooole shebang is about. :agreed:

Welcome to the forum! Check out the New Member Quick Start to get some good info on how we do things 'round these parts, then.... give more critiques!!! :supercool:

Wrey

Caliope likes this.
  3. Caliope

Caliope Member

lol, I take it back! I take it back!

I'm reading the forum "stuff" now. :supersmile:

Then I shall resume ...and maybe post an except from my chapter. (I named myself after one of it's characters.)

4. EmptySoul

EmptySoul Active Member

Hi and welcome. We can always use another person who enjoys giving critiques.

Caliope likes this.
  5. Caliope

Caliope Member

Thank you! I'd say it's more that I value them than like giving them. :) I'm glad if I can help.

6. EmptySoul

EmptySoul Active Member

As you give more of them, you get better at giving them. This, in turn, allows you to catch a lot of your own errors.

Caliope likes this.
  7. Caliope

Caliope Member

Yes indeed! There are some excellent writers here. I'm finding it a learning experience in critical thinking trying to find something constructive to say on several of them.

8. EmptySoul

EmptySoul Active Member

Which means your journey towards being an elite critique giver has begun. Congrats!

Caliope likes this.
  9. Caliope

Caliope Member

Thanks! :D