1. xAllyTheWriterx

xAllyTheWriterx New Member

Writing News Articles (or something like it)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by xAllyTheWriterx, Jun 25, 2015.

Hello there!

I pride myself in my writing as many of you do as well. I know this is more of a creative writing forum and that I'm probably trespassing the lines of "Okay, you can stay" and "OMG NEWS WRITING?! GET THE HELL OUT!" Whatever the case, I still want to ask for your opinions, tips, and even just comments. I personally like writing articles with small fiction-like excerpts in the beginning and end, to give the reader more of a personal insight to someone's thought process. Writing in the news or a story that has a deep and important message to readers is how I write. I always ask myself after I write, "What did this teach me?" or "How can this be used to learn from?" in reference to the readers. I keep an open mind as well. Personally, I am not a judgmental person, and I like to reflect that in my writing. Okay, now I'm rambling. I guess I just wanted to get this out there. Oh and Hi! This is my first post, so I'd love to meet some fellow writers on the site!

Ciao!

2. No-Name Slob

No-Name Slob Member Supporter Contributor

Welcome! Plenty of writers on here write non-fiction and articles. :) No need to be kicked out.

3. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

Welcome to the forum, Ally!

No one's going to throw you out because you write news articles! Just because it's not strictly fiction it doesn't mean it can't be creative writing. We even have a non-fiction section in the Workshop and a sub-forum dedicated to writing-related articles! :)
    Here's a link to the New Member Quick Start, it will take you through all the basics you'll need to know to find your way around here.

Good luck with your articles!

4. EmptySoul

EmptySoul Active Member

Hi from a fellow non-fiction article writer!