Any other dark writers?

Discussion in 'Fantasy' started by crimsonrose, Mar 29, 2009.

1. crimsonrose

crimsonrose New Member

I have not, actually. I'm ashamed to say I haven't heard of or watched very many werewolf movies

2. crimsonrose

crimsonrose New Member

O, thats not my only creature interest :) I also love necromancers, sorceresses, and many other creatures. Vampires are just the most well known, and I figured I would get a larger response out of asking about them, versus the other, lesser know races.

What is your novel about?

3. chandler245

chandler245 Banned

I will have to read your ruff draft, I am using a lot of dark creatures in my story, and I have found that I am having issues with them. I have done months of research, how long have you been writing? How do you get to your dark side or are you just like that? No offence. Do you get it from dreams? You said you like to be pale, you should see me and my daughter, we make white look dirty. Lol

4. chandler245

chandler245 Banned

Are you not worried that someone will take your work off the net and claim it as their own?

5. crimsonrose

crimsonrose New Member

My curernt story is hardly dark. Its actually alot perkier than I figured it would turn out. but I have a couple of other things I'm working on- and will work on more thoroughly when I am finished with my current story, that was much darker in theme.

I am a little, but... first of all, the rough draft is so, well, rough, that it'd be a sad soul who tries to claim it as their own. Plus, so many people post on fanfiction.net that I'm not too worried about it. I'll end up taking it down after I'm done getting criticism and comments on the rough draft.

6. crimsonrose

crimsonrose New Member

I have many facets of myself, so to speak (doesnt everybody... lol). Part of me loves the disney princess movies i grew up on, and tends to prance when happy. the other part of me loves gothic music and tends to spend entire days watching movies in the vamprie genre (which there is a shameful lack of, sadly) and stays up until 6 am because i prefer the night.

I have been writing since I was 8, when I was still horrid at it. lol. Theres still a hell of alot more room for improvement now though than I care to admit. :p practice makes perfect.

Anyways, I access my "dark side" through watching darker themed movies and listening to things like Retrosic. :)

7. chandler245

chandler245 Banned

Do you dream dark themes'? How close are you to being published? How close are your characters to you? I want to say something but you may think that I am a little odd. that is why i ask how close your characters are too you?

8. crimsonrose

crimsonrose New Member

Nah honey, say away :) I don't mind. Oddity is flattering :p

I haven't even tried for publishing yet because I am not finished with my rough draft. When I have completed the entire story, I may try then :)

My characters are very close to me. When writing, I completely immerse myself into the world I created for them- or rather, they created for me. I can guess their reaction to every single even that happens to me on a day to day basis.

Why do you ask? I'm intrigued now :)

9. crimsonrose

crimsonrose New Member

And yes, I do have my share of "dark" themed dreams. but I am more inspired by certain moods I have, as well as the depth of the idea of vampirism itself, than dreams.

10. love2listen

love2listen New Member

I dont really do dark in my writing

But I've been piecing a story about a couple who are soulmates and develop this really unhealty attachment to each other, and in addition they participate in an S&M/bondage relationship that is mentally and physically abusive, well, their's is

I hardly ever write it. its too intense to write I think and its hard

11. chandler245

chandler245 Banned

Ok, well here is the oddity that you will find creepy. My main character is almost real to me. It started several months ago, that is when I came up with my story line and plot. I was asleep, and I felt someone wrap their arms around me. I thought that it was my husband, and I was going to tell him to warm his hands before he touches me. I had my dream that helped start the book that night. When I asked my husband how he got his arms around me without me having to move he said it wasn't him, he slept on the couch. That is how real these, I can almost call them people, are too me. But this has happened a couple of times and it is more demonic, yet comforting. Told you would sound werid

12. crimsonrose

crimsonrose New Member

It's not too intense to write :) Just look at Anne Rice's Sleeping Beauty series. There's plenty of bondage theme in it.

13. architectus

architectus Banned

I just wanted to say that I have a lot of dark themed dreams that include vampires of all kinds, demons, monsters, and just weird bleep.

Interestingly enough, these dreams are not nightmares. Nightmares for me are dreams where I am in the hospital, ahh, I hate hospitals.

I also like creating my own creatures. In my novel Psy Vamp (I'm not very proud of it), there are these invisible yet physical beings that feed on humans negative emotions. They need to in order to remain powerful enough to interfere with our physical world.

In the beginning the MCs play the Witchboard. It is how Gabe meets Simon, one of these beings. Gabe ends up becoming a psy-vamp, blah, blah.

14. chandler245

chandler245 Banned

I can try to help. I don't know. I think I am starting to doubt my own story now. All of you have so many good ideas and I want to tap into my inner evil (dreams) blah blah but i have no idea how. I can't control my dreams, I can't pull the ideas out. My story will be intense. I hope at least

15. crimsonrose

crimsonrose New Member

Thats a kind of vamp I neglected to mention. I have heard of that before. Vampires that feed off of souls or emotions, not blood. Thus why vampires are far more versatile than most people think.

16. crimsonrose

crimsonrose New Member

Don't doubt it! play with it and see what happens.

Research bdsm a bit to help inspire you.

17. architectus

architectus Banned

Psy-vamps are inetersting. I still gave mine fangs. Well, not physical fangs, but their astral bodies have fangs, and they grow them sometimes to bite into another person's astral body.

I had to have fangs!

The MC spends a lot of time in the astral world.

18. chandler245

chandler245 Banned

read your story. It hit close to home. What would you call the astral world? Where would that be to you? I have been playing with my story, editing not to mention I got the ball rolling before I should have, so now I have to figure out my book fast and the dreams and feelings and emotions are stuck inside and won't come out. No matter what I do to get them out, I get panic attacks from this. What should I do?

19. crimsonrose

crimsonrose New Member

well, if you really wanna get creepy, these "dreams" sound an awful lot like demonic attacks.

however, i too get panic attacks. perhaps what you are experiencing is actually the result of panic attacks, instead of your experiences causing them?

20. chandler245

chandler245 Banned

I doubt it, with panic attacks. I have meds that fix that. I just have bad writers block and then i was dumb enough to call a lit agency and they want all this info. My characters are locked away in my head and i can't get them out and I need to. I have never heard of demonic attacks, what is that?

21. architectus

architectus Banned

Chanlder, in my novel the astral world is the world between worlds like a bridge. It connects the other side of the universe to this side, so to speak. In the astral world is where things like demons and ghost exist; however, in my novel they are all physical, just a different kind of physical and we humans have misunderstood their true nature.

Demonic attacks are typically understood to be when invisible beings (spirits), attack you. Some believe they can even cause things like panic attacks.

I have recently developed a bad anxiety disorder, and sometimes my attacs turn into panic attacks. Not cool. Anxietty and a panic attack at the same time = hell on earth.

As far as how to get the ideas onto paper. Try relaxing. Try day dreaming about the ideas. Imagine scenes. Ask questions, and then try to answer those questions. Doing these things helps me.

22. chandler245

chandler245 Banned

If a demonic attack happened to a human, wouldn't they be hurt? This thing that keeps happening doesn't hurt me. Do you believe in this bridge you are talking about? Your info fits into my book. That's werid that you would have this info. when someone eles is writing about it.

23. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

Yes!

The only one i can ever really say i liked. Loved it

24. crimsonrose

crimsonrose New Member

What he said.

and true this.... I get them so badly I sob uncontrollably, and rock back and forth like a mad woman.... I suppose, from an outsiders perspective, it'd be highly amusing. :p

25. crimsonrose

crimsonrose New Member

Haha, I'm glad you agree :)

I shall have to download Howling, now that I've seen two recomendations of it.