1. Brandon_Trotter

Brandon_Trotter New Member

I was short listed

Discussion in 'Marketing' started by Brandon_Trotter, May 31, 2010.

I entered The Student Becomes The Artist into a writing contenst called Lakefeild Literary festival. I did not win but, I was short listed. I won a book ! And I also recived thank you leter with some advice. This was the first contenst I had ever entered writing or otherwise. I am very happy that I came so close to wining, even if in the end I did not. The book I recived is Nino Ricci In A Glass House. Has anyone else had expeinces were although they didn't win they are still extermly happy they were considered ? Is this more of a feeling new writers get ? Or is it a feeling shared by all writers ?

2. DanielCross

DanielCross New Member

It always nice to know you were close. I'm even happy when instead of getting a standard rejection letter, the response comes with a critique of my work.

Although I don't suppose more experienced writers aim for this, everyone passes through the cusp of being almost good enough before being great. Keep at it.

3. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Congrats!

I spent three months on the shortlist for Andromeda Spaceways Inflight Magazine recently. My story wasn't accepted, but the fact that I was only one step away makes me feel optimistic.

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

my 'honorable mention' in a one-act play comp was a great boost... and i wasn't a beginner then, either, so i'd say it's a feeling shared by most, if not all writers...

5. Humour Whiffet

Humour Whiffet Banned

Well done Brandon. I enjoyed your story when I read it on the forum.

6. Brandon_Trotter

Brandon_Trotter New Member

Thank you all for your feedback. I cant wait for more contests to come my way so I can give this another shot. I am currently waiting to here back from another contest. I think I get the letter around june 6th or so. I cant wait to know how I did! I have been waiting to find out for months now.