anyone just wish they were popular?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by animelovers411, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Nonnie

Nonnie New Member

Farmville, VA. Yep, it's not just your least favor
    This is the weirdest discussion I've seen in awhile.

So, I see people saying stuff about enjoyng solitude the majority of the time and independence and all that. Well, I'm like that, I work best alone and enjoy time to myself and probably spend well over half of my time on my own or with little interaction with other people. That being said, I'm popular as hell. Everyone knows who I am, and I have a very very large circle of friends. Granted, I'm choosey enough to only have a few really close friends, but I genuinely care about my aquaintances.

Sometimes I like having a lot of attention, sometimes I tend to fly under the radar. I don't see how any of this is difficult for a person, you just need to have some inner strength and be confident enough to handle people.

2. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

^ I'm very much the same Noonie.

3. Anonym

Anonym New Member

meh, i've more or less been a hermit for the last year or so. it's not so bad, but it does help to like yourself.

4. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

I've never been popular. For the longest time, I was actively unpopular, which was less than fun. Nowadays I'd describe myself as a fringe loner. I don't have many good friends, but plenty of acquaintances. I'm pretty happy with the compromise between loneliness, and my inbuilt misanthropy.

5. Eunoia

Eunoia Contributor Contributor

If by popular you mean having a lot of friends, or a few decent ones, then yes. Of course I wish had more friends since I'm lacking in them. But if you mean popular as in always being centre of attention and all that, then no thanks.