1. Hulk

Hulk Banned

Anyone know of any good Fantasy publishers?

Discussion in 'Traditional Publishing' started by Hulk, Dec 28, 2007.

Can anyone give me names of good Fantasy publishers? Traditional, that is, not online ones.

2. TWErvin2

TWErvin2 Contributor Contributor

Hulk,

There are a number of them: Baen, DAW, Tor, DelRey, Ace I can come up with off the top of my head. Some smaller venues such as Twilight Times, Mundania, Five Star.

I know there there are a lot more.

There are writers guides out there (such as Writers Market) you could probably obtain at your local library or bookstore. Plus, there are plenty of online resources to find viable markets.

I have a short list on my website which might be a good start (mostly those that do not require agents to submit): ervin-author.com Novel Markets

I also have a page with eight search sites. I'll be adding two more with my website's Januiary update. ervin-author Market Search Websites

Make sure to do some research as to each market's needs (desires) and specific submission guidelines. Also double check to see if the market(s) you decide upon are ones you'd be comfortable with if they accepted your work. There are plenty of places to do that, such as Preditors & Editors, for example.

The submission process can be a very long one, so after you send out your queries, or synopsis and first three chapters, or even full mansucript (depending on publisher or agent guidelines), start writing that next novel, so that you'll have another one ready should your work be accepted, or a second one ready to send out while you're still working to find a publisher for your first.

Good luck and hang in there!

Terry

1 person likes this.
  3. MacEviL

MacEviL New Member

TOR has a great site with info on how to submit manuscripts. That's all the info I got.
    Good luck!

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

you can google for 'fantasy book publishers' and perhaps find some specialized lists... but always check them out on preditors/editors, first...

you can also go to a large bookstore or library and check the books on the shelves, see who published the ones most like yours...