1. Lazy_writer

Lazy_writer New Member

Quick question about Scrivener

Discussion in 'Writing Software and Hardware' started by Lazy_writer, Oct 3, 2013.

I just installed it and am going through the tutorial, but have hit a road block. At the section where they explain the ability to use links, I did as instructed and clicked the link in tutorial and it opened a separate pane with the pdf document...great, but how do I now close that pdf pane, for the life of me I can't figure it out! Probably something simple but as I say, I can't get it. I don't see any little 'x' in upper corner of the pdf pane or anything...hope somebody can't kick start me here :)

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

What part and what step in the tute are you in?

3. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Are you in Step 18: Text Editing, where is shows how to use Scrivener Links? To close that pdf pane, just click in the far-right full pane button in the OTHER pane, the one with the tutorial text in it. The pane with the pdf in it is just there to show you the pdf - it's not really there in your document. The only thing in the document is the link to it. So when you click the link for spacewalk_info, it opens the new pane with the pdf in it. That pdf is not really there, as I said - only the link to it is.

Try inserting a link yourself in the tutorial text. Just put the text cursor anywhere, go to the Edit menu (as it says to do) and select something from the Scrivener Links menu. A link will be inserted where the cursor is. Click the link and you'll see what it links to in a new pane.

FlyFast likes this.
  4. Lazy_writer

Lazy_writer New Member

Thanks Minstrel thats exactly the problem I had.