1. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

Are Chavs Evil?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Heather Louise, Jul 3, 2007.

ok, as Hulls suggested i am starting this thread to discuss non onther than chavs. for those of you that do know what a chav is, allow wikipedia to explain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chavs

i want to know what we al think of them, do you think that chavs are all evil yobs that go around terrorising people for kicks? just some general discussion.
    Heather

2. Bick

Bick New Member

I like you if that makes a difference love :p

3. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

It all depends on the individual. No group of people is entirely evil (except, I suppose, evil people :S). And if you are an example of North-Eastern chavs, heather, then we could do with more like you throughout the nationwide chav population :)

4. Night Haunter

Night Haunter Banned

In my experience Chavs have caused no end of grief. In Humberside they vandalise everything they can get their hands on. They stab people because they look at them wrong. They are foul mouthed yobs. And they start fights cause trouble drink cheap cider on street corners attack security guards for protecting the local convenience stores on a night threat the take away Asian staff.

And the moment they see someone who looks different they yell abuse, if you reply they start attacking you pulling out their knifes.

I in all honesty have never met a polite or honest chav.

Two weeks ago on the local news a group of youths dressed in baseball caps and track suits attacked a women with a buggy. They beat her badly and she had a two year old in the buggy. Three months back they stabbed a young lad because he was wearing a slip knot top and had his hair shoulder length. Two were arrested but the lad died.

All this in Humberside. And I have never met a good chav.

In Hull unless you life in the few good spots they dominate the place.

5. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

ok, so have you tal;ked to every single chav? infatc, have ou even talked to half of the chavs? or do you just see the mouthy ones and assume that everyone with them is a yob like them. just because a person dresses like a "chav", does not mean that they are all chain smoking, yobish people. and do people who do not wear trackies not cause greif also? have you never seen a person in jeans get mouthy on a bus, or someone in a skirt drinking on the street?
    thanks hunni, and yes, you are right, no one group of people are evil. you cannot sterio-type all chavs into the yobs category. i could do that with a lot of people, sterio type them bacause of the way the look, but i will not, as it is not fair.

Heather

6. Night Haunter

Night Haunter Banned

Last year when I was away a group of chavs threw eggs at my girl friend covering her hair in egg. they then taunted her as she went to buy a packet of cigs.

In Hull you don't walk up to them and talk with them without abuse. The police wont even go out to the estate orchard park unless theirs more than 4 officers.

And don't get me started on what they do to the fire brigade when they have top put out a fre's on the estates these idiots live on.

7. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

Wow never heard of a chav before. Crazy-Interesting to read about it though.

8. Night Haunter

Night Haunter Banned

This should help clarify them

9. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

So in other words they are kind of like a gang? or wanna be gang members? Who go around creating havoc, and dress a certain way. I feel so ignorant that I never heard of this before.

10. Banzai

At their worst, yes. I have to admit that they are getting worse of late, but it is a jump to call them all yobs.

And as for your being ignorant of them, they do seem to be an almost-exclusively British phenomenon, so you can be excused on those grounds.

11. Raven

Raven Banned

Though I suggested this thread. I have to remind you all to keep the flaming down.

~Raven.

12. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I guess the question comes down to, "Are chavs evil by definition?"

If the definition of chav encompasses everyone who dresses and talks in that manner, then all chavs are not evil. But if you specify that someone who looks and sounds like a chav but does not exhibit destructive, antisocial behavior is not a chav, then you are making an evil nature part of the definition.

Of course, that sets aside the entire question of whether "evil" itself holds meaning.

13. Frost

Frost Active Member

He did say he hasnt met one yet, he didnt rule out the possibility though.

Australia = no chavs, but there is an equivalent here(especially in this town), that like to do similar sort of stuff, though its not often the kids that are killing.

I had an experience where me and three or four of my mates were sitting on a curb waiting for a taxi when twenty or so "chavs" came up and circled us and started hurling abuse. Luckily for me, I was sitting with two NT Rugby reps. They just sort of broke a whole in the pack and we legged it. They had no hope of catching us though :p

14. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

scarey. i live in a pretty safe town. There isn't very many gangs. The ones that do exist are very minor.

15. Banzai

That's what I was trying to say in the Doctor Who thread- albeit less articulately. Basically, where I used to live, scally was the name given to a person who dresses and talks in the style, and chav to a person who was yobbish and destructive as well. Since moving down south, chavs are the ones who wear the clothes, etc, and "pikeys" are the yobs. I think in that case, it is probably down to regional dialect. And again, if north eastern chavs are like Heather, we could do with more of her ilk both down here, and in Warrington :p

16. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

This is a fairly generic hypotheis and does not include all or even most of those deemed 'chav'. It would be categorically unfair to say as much and tar all with the same brush.

The 'chav' in my humble opinion is not evil in nature. They are a sad indictment and manifestation borne out of a society which they feel has nothing to offer them and I can sympathise with that. They feel the government is not representative of their wishes, yet the majority then don't vote I imagine, and that is more sad.

They feel education is elitist and only privately educated students or the rich can attend university, and therefore in certain cases better themselves. For some of them the reaction to this is the violent rejection of the school system and retributive jealousy of those that attend such institutions.

They believe there is 'nothing to do' in their home towns - towns which include and are not restricted to of course Manchester, Birmingham, Newcastle, Glasgow, Bristol and to a certain extent London, though due to the multi-culturality of London it's always slightly different there. I say this as the archetypal 'chav' would be white and dressed in sportswear. Other cultures have their own versions of the 'chav' but that is not the question.

With 'nothing to do' some resort to mindless vandalism, petty thuggery and some to more extreme crimes. These acts I believe are a challenge to the authority that they reject as not applicable, and an adrenaline hit: something to replace the boredom which in many satellite towns can be said to be justified.

I can't offer a solution as this mentality is well ingrained in the modern Britich society but it does disilluion great swathes of centre middle and right wing voters, as well as those from the left. 'Chavism' though I can't back it up with an article though I knw there is one, has been cited as a contributing force to a downturn in voters and also to the persistant migration of the middle classes to perceived idylls such as the South of France.

My thoughts - hopefully not and intentionally not flaming.

17. Banzai

That is a very detailed, and (in my opinion) very accurate analysis of the situation. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a solution to the problem. In the past, when people were disallusioned with society, they would turn to extreme politics (i.e. communism and fascism). But this general apathy is almost unheard of in human history. There isn't much we can do, apart from see where it leads us.

18. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

People are not evil, just mislead in my opinion.

19. Raven

Raven Banned

Heather seems to be living proof that there are one or two honest chavs.

But in truth I have to say not to far from me there are large groups of chavs stiring up trouble as they can. Many of them speak in a language that I've never heard of. Nor do I understand it.

20. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Well that all wounds absolutely terrible.
    But I must say that Heather you are a wonderful person and I emjoy your company on the forums :D hee hee

21. Night Haunter

Night Haunter Banned

Bransholme, or BransHole as I prefer to call it, is one of the largest council estates in Europe and is situated in the arsehole of England, Hull, or ‘ULL if you emanate from that region. In 1642 Hull became famous as Sir John Hotham closed it’s gates on King Charles and told the king to “fhuk off you ain’t enough Bizzell”.

The gates remained shut on this isolated Town and centauries of inbreeding have given us this remarkable city. To the north of Hull, Bransholme is known as home to thousands of third and fourth generation Chavs.

The schools in this Estate are more like transition camps as kids progress towards their future lives in Hull infamous Prison. Parents are keen to see their kids do well and often involve them in their family businesses from an early age. In fact you would hard pressed to find a kid that can not out run Oscar, the Police Helicopter, or hotwire a car in under ten seconds.

The Estate has a weird culture for naming their children, it seems you take the names Billy, Booby, Joe or Ellie and pick two for a Christian name and pop them down to the local vicar is anything silk by Von Dutch or Fila.

The middle of the estate is a shopping complex know as the “Senner”. Parents congregate is various Burberry attire and double buggies filled with Bobby-Joes to swap stories of their recent muggings, twockings and to nick as much as they can before being chased out by security.

When you enter the centre you are fairly impressed with it’s lighting and cleanliness, there are even two banks in it, staffed with burley bouncer type cashiers, but as you walk through you slowly realise you are in another world, the land the gene pool forgot. Pensioners on electric scooters race up and down the main thoroughfare reliving the twocking accident that “robbed them of their pins”. The other customers include many gannies, though women tend to be gannies at the age of 30 on Branshole and their numerous siblings that meet up for ritualistic interfamily slagging contests and general gang warfare. If you are on your own these mutants will glare at you looking for any sign of weakness before they collectively remove you all your worldly goods.

However, despite the low life people are still tempted in for the bargains. On a Saturday afternoon you can get a bag of nearly rotting veg for just a pound and meat that would make your dog vomit for even less. This can be thrown together and fed to “the bairns” thus leaving the parents with enough money for the weekly supply of baccy, Becks and 20/20.

Branshole is a national contender for Chav Central and a small thermonuclear devise could put a significant dent in the national crime figures and income support payments.

22. Panther

Panther Banned

If Maccy Ds are the chav’s staple diet, what does that tell you about a town that boasts not one, not two but THREE of these gourmet eateries (not to mention two KFCs and dozens of other even lower-grade greasy spoons)? When I first stumbled across Chavtowns, I was astounded to find that S****horpe had not already been nominated as the capital of the United States of Chav. Yes, Grimsby is bad, but S****horpe seems to have a higher population of chavs and pikeys crammed into an even smaller area. When I first moved here 15 years ago they were confined mainly to the Riddings and Westcliff ghetto estates – the Cheltenham and Gloucester of Scunny chavdom – but now they’ve seeped out into almost every part of town. Even the street I live in, which, although by no means “posh”, used to be at least relatively quiet and tidy, has become infested with dilapidated caravans and clapped-out Astras and Novas complete with photo-copied tax discs and populated with the standard issue loud-mouthed Burberry-clad, multiple-pierced, DIY-tattooed, sovereign-ring-wearing chavs and chavettes.

Other aspects of this pikey paradise: in addition to Aldi, Lidl and Netto we enjoy the facilities of two Home Bargains shops and two Poundstretchers, as well as numerous everything-for-a-pound one-stop crap-shops. Thursday is Ashby Market day when chavs from near and far come to browse among the stalls overflowing with mobile-phone accessories, dodgy DVDs and cheap Burberry and Von Dutch knock-offs. S****horpe is not well-known for its nightlife – most serious drinkers tend to head off for Cleethorpes or Doncaster – but the more home-loving chavs can still spend an enjoyable Saturday evening getting bladdered in Henry Afrikas or Der Schnapps Bar and then heading down to Club 2000 – Scunny’s premier Nite-Spot – for a bit of recreational drug-abuse, fighting and vomiting in Church Square.

They’re not the sharpest tools in the box, either – one was arrested here the other week for breaking and entering. Nothing unusual in that, you might think, except that this shining star had decided he’d have a go at burgling THE POLICE STATION!

I think we finally know the answer to that age-old question: Who put the “****” in “S****horpe

23. The Reaper

The Reaper Banned

Woking! Christ in ****ty napkins it’s the fetid drippings of the devils knob!
    Never has the human gene pool needed sieving so much as the chavtacular pond life that make up this rancid boil of a town which swirls round in it’s own cesspool of Sodom and Gomorrah on the outskirts of the M25.
    Once more my friend’s lets us ride into the breach of Woking town, watch your wallets and look down at the floor. No eye contacts as you’re in Chav country now!
    Marvel at the pedestrianised walkway that runs the length of the town centre. Here you can see the ****s in there perfect environment, taking a turn up and down the walkway looking for inadvertent theft opportunity’s that are the breeds staple diet to support their giros and there constant addiction to sucking from the bleeding teat of government handouts.
    Other attractions are the chav hang out of the Big Apple. Not sure exactly what this is, self styled youth attraction or in my view, Septic rancid hook up joint for soon to be pregnant 14 year olds chavettes and there 21 year old leisure suit wearing hooded topped chavs boyfriends, who walk like monkeys who have **** themselves. Either that or they have haemorrhoids as I really can’t see another reason for walking like their John Wayne and yes, he had piles, big time.
    Just around the corner you will find Chertsey road. I have mentioned this road in a previous rant, but not the fact that it’s a one way street and perfect for the motorist chav to burn some rubber on in there souped up, or is that ****ed up, Citroen Saxos. Christ knows why they go for these cars, lets face it, their French! But know doubt in their shadowy world by adding a big boy exhaust and a ‘fat Willys surf shack’ sticker makes it the dog’s bollocks! Instant chavette pre-pubescent pulling power with added unlimited back seat mimsy touching potential!!!!!!!
    I would like to end my current rant by paying homage to another of Woking’s great establishments, Chameleons nightclub. If by the word ‘homage’ you think ‘piss take’, your right. Sitting like a soiled leper on Chertsey road it’s the mermaids call to all Chavs after an evenings drinking in Witherspoons, and like ships pulled onto the rocks their drawn like moths to a flame. In this case the moths of course being vile pikey/chavs looking for a fight and a kicking in the back or a black Mariah by the local constabulary, and the flame being chameleons, which is essentially a big room with flashing lights and curious smells.
    But lets face it, to the chav who’s just drunk 8 pints of wife beater and has had a couple of pills, its ****ing heaven. Where all the angels are soft as **** and have just spilt their pint, or have looked at them in a funny way.
    Anyway, must go, I’m off to Witherspoons to get ****ed on Stella………..think I’ll go to chameleons after that, wheres me tracksuit? ****, my secrets out!!!!!!

24. The Reaper

The Reaper Banned

Anyone here understands Chav. I can't find any universalities that study this language they study Jap French Italian German Russian Spanish but not Chav. :( Gutted :(

25. Night Haunter

Night Haunter Banned

Drove through "downtown" Ull during the day....f**k me scary! The sovereign rings and trackies were large in evidence, plus the burnt out car in the main car park of the station was an eye opener!
    Check out da roots on the faux blonde chavettes...innit...or sumink.
    One aforementioned scumette then spat on my gleaming astra van and called me a stuck up twat for the heinous crime of not mowing her down with the said van.....charmed love I'm sure, green means go you uneducated slag.! Cant someone just invent a goddamn virus that affects dumb scum?
    call it chavingitis!"