Are We Alone.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Raven, Feb 25, 2008.

1. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Or critters called Torana. Whichever. And If you want to sound Australian, a lot of Aussies, use the word 'mate'. which is Australian for buddy or pal. Heh.

2. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Can't I just mail him to you :p lol jokes of course! :p

And DOZ LMAO I rock!

And Bluemouth thank you. Cause I don't talk like that and I am from the country area of WA...I was worried! :D

3. Milady

Milady Active Member

If there is something out there, they are probably just like us. Okay, their technology may be a little different, but everybody seems to be under the impression that extraterrestrials must be totally omnicient and ultra-advanced, or the opposite extreme--a reptillian version of cavemen.

Why the heck can't they be just like us? Blundering, confused, and half-hopeful that they may have comrades somewhere a few galaxies away?

Oh, of course, there may be some super-advanced race out there, too. But I'm just pointing out the lack of human-ized aliens in popular culture.

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

just don't send him c.o.d.!

5. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

hee hee I'll make sure I don't.

I could email him....it might work.....hmmmm!

6. kallex

kallex New Member

It was not long ago where the only life on this planet was massive seething sheets of bacteria. Some of it organized into collectives of specialized cells living in bags of seawater supported by calcium rods that can awkwardly move about. They even have evolved rudimentary nervous systems allowing limited critical analysis of their surroundings to a point of building radio telescopes searching for some answers to the questions, "What and why are we here and where do we go when we die?"

SETI need more volunteer computer time to help answer the question of, "Are we really all alone here?" If you can spare the CPU time and electricity then pitch in by doing a Google over to their site and downloading and installing a program to process raw radio telescope data.