Are you getting database errors?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Daniel, May 27, 2013.

1. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

Thanks for the suggestion. The facebook plugin does take some time, but the fact is that we do have some members who use facebook to log in. That said, I think we can hold off on the upgrade because I think I've mostly solved the issue (minus the weird reports by GingerCoffee and Nee).

2. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

View attachment 4979
    That's it! With a couple differences. I think it was wider, but more significantly, all those little balls (circles) were replaced with padlock icons. I can't seem to click on anything that recreates the changed avatars.

Somehow, I must have ended up in the Twilight Zone. :eek:

The 'tab' I refer to was just the normal one I keep open that opens the last forum page I was on. Chrome lets you keep tabs open. It was the regular forum, then it wasn't, then I closed it.

Screen shot of tabs:
    [​IMG]

Separate question: Should I be using that screen shot shared with IMGUR or the attached thumbnail and how do you delete an attached thumbnail? Thanks.

3. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

Ahh okay. So it switched on it's own, without loading a new page whatsoever? That's odd. I didn't think I still had that skin on the server. I recently removed the WF 3.2 option and made the 3.5 the main option, it's possible that if I still had the gray-green skin installed, vBulletin reverted to that when I removed 3.2. But it shouldn't have done that unless the page reloads. Since it was some version of that skin (or original one, waaay back in 2006), I'm not too concerned and I'll chalk it up to the internet Twilight Zone.

That's entirely up to you. As for deleting attached thumbnails, I believe when you edit a post there should be a "Manage Attachments" option that will allow you to remove any attachments.

4. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

It had to have switched on it's own while I wasn't clicked on the tab. Because that's all I did, clicked on the tab. Now that I know it was forum skin, I'm no longer worried either.

OK, thanks. I'll see if I can delete the thumbnail now to learn how.

Tricky, but I figured it out.

5. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Today has been another day of database errors. They were gone for a good while, but today....

6. jazzabel

jazzabel Agent Provocateur Contributor

It's been happening a lot over the last couple of days. It won't reload the page, just gets stuck. I have to close the tab and come back to it later. It recovers sometimes really quickly, 5 minutes or so, and other times it can last for hours.

7. Garball

Garball Banned Contributor

yep. database errors coming up again