1. Ariella Bear

Ariella Bear Member

Ariella's Progress Journal

Discussion in 'Progress Journals' started by Ariella Bear, May 3, 2016.

I've never done a progress journal before, but I am someone who works better, and harder, knowing that my goal is out there for everyone to see and hold me accountable to. So here are my long term goals:

1. Before the 31st of December 2016 I will have written over 25,000 words on one particular story (that I will stick with - I find it difficult to stick with what I write).
    2. Before the 31st of December 2017 I will have written between 80,000 and 99,999 words and I will be beginning or in the process of 're-writing' it.
    3. Before the 31st of December 2020 I will have sent the story to publishers (and be praying like crazy that someone publishes it).

For now those are my goals that I want to achieve. Right now they seem very far fetched, but I will never know if I can reach them until I put it our there and try, right?

My short term goals (to reach the long term goals) are:

1. Write 300 words a day.
    2. Research different publishers and publishing companies.
    3. Work on / Improve my grammar and punctuation (eg. correct use of " and ; etc.)

My 'Big Hairy Goal' (the ultimate goal for me) is to become a New York Time's Best Selling Author, and make a living from writing.

In a couple of days I will post how I am tracking with the daily word count and will also post the basic info of the story I am writing now :)

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  2. DeadMoon

DeadMoon Contributing Member Contributor

Good Luck Ariela. Grammar is a big one for me to work on also.

Oscar Leigh and Ariella Bear like this.
  3. ToDandy

ToDandy Contributing Member

They sound like reasonable goals. Good luck, Ariella!

Oscar Leigh and Ariella Bear like this.
  4. Ariella Bear

Ariella Bear Member

Today I did 578 words of a new WIP. I didn't feel like continuing on some others I have at the moment but I liked just writing for the sake of writing and seeing where I got to.
    Here is a snippet:

That night Avery dreamed of gun fire and smoke. Red and black tainted her vision as she ran. She heard blasts, glass shattering, and the usual screaming, but she - as always - saw nothing more than the cracked concrete under her. Waking in damp clothes with a start, Avery had to make an effort to pinch, look, and breath. A routine that had become all too familiar. The pain from her untrimmed nails peeled skin, and as her heart rate began to slow she saw someone watching her. It was Freckles.

I don't know if I will continue on with this or not but that was just from the middle of what I wrote today.

5. Oscar Leigh

Oscar Leigh Contributing Member

The untrimmed nails peeled skin bit was a little tedious and confusing for me. I think you could probably describe that less awkwardly. Just a thought.

Ariella Bear likes this.
  6. Ariella Bear

Ariella Bear Member

Yeah :/ Reading it back now it I don't think it is worded right.
    It was just some muck around writing hahah Thank for the feedback though!!!
    I love getting feedback :superagree:

Oscar Leigh likes this.