Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pandywoo

Pandywoo New Member

Artwork

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Pandywoo, Sep 4, 2012.

I was interested to know how many people buy books and -although not as relevant in todays world of downloads- music albums on the strength of the front cover artwork whilst browsing.

The latest book that I've picked up is 'the Night Circus' by Erin Morgenstern. I Picked it up solely on the strength of the front cover and so far I'm really enjoying it.
    Many years ago I bought an album by a band called Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral. It ended up changing my life and they became my favourite band.
    Along the same lines, I bought 'the Shadow of the Wind' by Carlos Ruiz Zafon on the strength of the title alone.

Don't get me wrong, I've also bought a few books and albums that turned out to be dog rough! I won't name any, as I don't want to offend anybody's tastes. :rolleyes: It's a risk I'm willing to take.

I really like how I've picked up some gems that I would have otherwise missed. Maybe I'll buy a CD for old times sake!

2. Luna13

Luna13 Active Member

I do. I judge books by their covers, funnily enough only literally.

3. SuttonMichael254

SuttonMichael254 Active Member

yeah im guilty of this as well, i grabbed "The Prison" a few years back because of the cover, and luckily i found a winner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.