1. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Ask for help or croak?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Wreybies, Jul 11, 2009.

Your intergalactic warp Leer cruiser has just passed through a wicked ion storm where exotic particles have made scrambled eggs of the diamond based holographic memory core your ship's AI uses as a brain.

[​IMG]

Poor Stella. That was your ship's name.

Anyway... You have just enough manual control of the ship's impulse engines to land it on the nearby M type planet. You've been studying this planet and there is intelligent life.

Very, very ugly, scary, intelligent life.

Pick the beastie you fear the most. Yup. There ya' go. :(

Do you go to them for help?

P.S. No fair Disney-fying the locals.

2. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

Wrey, firstly, I love your little games like these. :)

Secondly, questions. Are the aliens aggressive and sure to provoke violence or am I just scared of their appearance and mannerisms? Also, is there an asteroid or other large chunk of rock I could land on?

I'd try to land on another planet if possible, even if it was uninhabited and hope that in our training to become space explorers and astronauts, my crew and I had learned along the way how to fix the ship.

If that's not a valid scenario, I'd probably land on Planet M. If the choices are certain death or possible death, I'd choose possible death; best to die with some sort of bravado instead of cowardice...

3. Anders Backlund

Anders Backlund New Member

STEEEEELLAAAAAAAAA!!!

Huge insects/centipedes, eh?

Provided they can be communicated with at all, aren't hostile, and can provide me with whatever I need to repair my ship, I suppose I can control myself if I have to.

4. bluebell80

bluebell80 New Member

Its head looked like a cross between a gecko and an alligator, a large mouth full of razor sharp teeth, with the a sloping forehead and large green-yellow eyes. It's head looked to be covered in thick green scales. Its torso arms and legs appear to have brown fur protruding out from around tan armored plating, much like an armadillo crossed with a grizzly bear. Its feet were covered in thick leather boots that extended half way up it's calf, and had bone spikes jutting out the back of the boots. Its hands, seemed like a cross between a gorilla's hands, dinosaur claws, and cat paws. Massive talons retracted back into the ends of the fingers. And unfortunately, they have working thumbs. It was wearing armored pants that went from the waist to the knee, and a breastplate adorned its chest.

The weapons they carry are very advanced. Plasma Laser weapons that can go from silent stun to lethal evaporation.

Do I want to ask them for help? Hell no. I want to avoid them at all costs. I'd try my best to sneak around them, kill some of them if necessary, and find a way to get in contact with help.

5. tbeverley

tbeverley New Member

Rosebud.

6. LipMedex

LipMedex New Member

Hm... gaint spiders running a planet?

If they're like Aragog in Harry Potter and have reasonable intentions and don't want to eat me, then I think I'll be okay. I'll quickly do what has to be done then haul butt away from there.

Nice post by the way, pretty cool.

Ally

7. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

Gigantic worms? Nope. I'd rather land in an uninhabited part of the planet and write another/fix the AI myself. Or stay drifting in space. Everything but the worms >.<

8. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

But Aragog did want to eat them...the only one they wouldn't eat was Hagrid.

If I had no other options, I would land on the planet. But if there were any other way for me to potentially save my crew, I would take it.

9. LipMedex

LipMedex New Member

I know, forgive me I might have worded it wrong. I wouldn't want them to eat me, and you have to admit that Aragog might have had slightly good intentions before he started discussing the eating part...

ps. I have a confession to make, I'm not a big HP fan, but just from the movie since I said giant spiders, I thought of Aragog in particular. ^.^

10. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

Makes sense. I wasn't trying to jump all over your post, sorry if it came off like that.

11. NaCl

NaCl Contributor Contributor

The terrible beast? A humanoid...one that looks like Michael Jackson, has the ethics of Barney Frank and compassion of George Bush. Do I go to him for help? Only if I can salvage enough function from the AI system to fabricate a ten year old boy in my atom-assembler to deliver diamonds extracted from the core to his P.A.C.

12. Gone Wishing

Gone Wishing New Member

Sorry. you lost me at "diamonds". :p

Actually, if I was rich enough for the diamond based memory core over the equally efficient but not quite so sparkly and expensive swarovski crystal one - and loved my spaceship enough to give her a name - I'd make sure to have the intergalactic equivalent of an RAA membership and a device to call them on. ;)

Oh, and someone to stand guard at the door to the spa room to make sure none of those pesky alien life forms get on board - intelligent life = curious. :eek:

13. LipMedex

LipMedex New Member

No it was absolutely fine, honestly. ^.^

14. Lavarian

Lavarian Contributor Contributor

I would most definitely land, I'd just make sure that I've got my trusty phaser handy.