1. goddessofwords

goddessofwords New Member

In a Strange Land, probably found in my head.

Co-Writing Opportunity

Discussion in 'Collaboration' started by goddessofwords, Jan 17, 2013.

Anybody up to a co-author partnership? I'd like to write a novel with another writer. I don't really have many ideas for a plot line, but I'm pen to anything! What do ya say? If you are interested a PM, email, or reply on this thread would work.

Thanks for reading this.

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

before you or any potential writing partner write a single word, or exchange a single idea, you'd better have a good collaboration contract/agreement in place, signed and sealed... believe me, if you don't, you may well live to regret it...
    i've had more than one mentee who ignored my advice and lost all rights to their own work come back and tell me they wished they'd done what i said...

wga has the best collaboration agreement you'll find anywhere... all you have to do is change a few words to make it fit prose fiction and take out all the screenwriting-based stuff you don't need...

3. jedellion

jedellion Member

Kiss of death.....

I have worked on collaborative partnerships before... if you want to stay friends, I advise against it!

4. goddessofwords

goddessofwords New Member

In a Strange Land, probably found in my head.
    I will definitely do what you say and sign an agreement before I start working/if I start working with a writing partner... Thanks guys so much for the help!

5. Soodanim

Soodanim New Member

Tell me all your ideas and send me all your work so that I can judge whether or not it's good enough to put my name to and sel... err... I mean, whether or not we should work together!

6. shadowwalker

shadowwalker Contributor Contributor

Yeah, some idea of your experience and skills would be helpful to would-be collaborators, as well as genre. And frankly, some reason why anyone should have any interest in working with you. (I'm not into collaborations, btw)

7. BritInFrance

BritInFrance Active Member

I know of some successful collaborations, but as far as I know they are either Husband and Wife (like Nicki French) or (in Britain, anyway) people who have been writing comedy together since university (so people who have been friends/colleagues since the year dot). If you want to get into writing with others you could try the RPG section (not quite the same, I know, but fun all the same).

8. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Exactly what are you bringing to the table?

Collaboration is a minefield anyway. But you are posting a Help Wanted ad with absolutely no incentive for anyone to take you up on it.