1. samboss31

samboss31 New Member

Aspired screen-play writer

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by samboss31, Jan 19, 2016.

Hello!
    I am brand new to the forum, and also re-introduced myself into the wonderful world of writing :)
    After studying film at university, I became obsessed with the art of screenplay writing. Whenever I write, I always imagine what it would look like on screen, does anybody else do this? I find it hard to write straight- forward fiction.
    I have many ideas for TV drama's and am currently working on a six part drama series, which I would be interested to watch.
    Are there any more aspiring screen play writers on here? I am also contemplating on turning my TV series into a book but I find screen writing more fun :)

Happy writing!
    Sam

2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Staff Supporter Contributor

Hi Sam, and welcome to the forum. :)

While I'm not interested in screen writing myself, it's nice to meet someone who's passionate about it. What are your favorite genres? :)

Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started. Have fun!

-Kat

3. Masterspeler

Masterspeler Active Member

Hey Sam,

I actually have written a screen play for a pilot plus 3 episodes of a really REALLY stupid show. But I do the same, I imagine the casting, the visuals, sound effects, everything. And then try to put that on paper.

Im better at novels and sci fi, but I still wrote this thing. A sci-fi edgy offensive to everyone comedy. Think Archer, South Park and Futurama all had a baby. And now I realize that those are all animated...

Welcome to the forum. You probably have a better chance at doing something with screen plays because writers, oh boy...its a sea of them (us?) out there all trying to publish.

Good Luck
    AB