1. RebeccaBrown

RebeccaBrown New Member

Assassins Creed Revelations by Oliver Bowden - Anyone?

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by RebeccaBrown, Oct 18, 2012.

It's been ages since I've had one of those, "I can't put you down so I'll just read you all night" books, and decided I should do it with the one I'm currently reading - Revelations. The only issue is: I'm literally hating it.
    I read Renaissance on holiday. Couldn't put it down, and though there were some , "Eh?" parts, I enjoyed it. It also sparked the inspiration (Along with a road sign) for my current book.
    So, I picked up Revelations, fairly excited. The first few chapters were good, although had I not seen the game trailer several hundred times I might not have known what the Gandalf was going on in the fight scene.
    Then it happened.
    Flashback.
    Huge. Flashback.
    We just suddenly, out of the blue got blasted back to his journey beginning, receiving a ton of information I couldn't care less about! I just find it so descriptive, and boring. Next to no action, except a pirate attack and some sight seeing. I started chapter six tonight, with the full intention of powering through half the book, but had to refrain from chucking it across the room by the end of the page. Not cause of anything particularly offensive, just cause I got bored.
    Please, I plead: I'm not the only one who thinks this, right? And please, please tell me it gets better!

2. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

Skip the boring flashbacks and also play the game. That's my advice. xD