At what moment did you know you wanted to write?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by nhope, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Youniquee

Youniquee (◡‿◡✿) Contributor

When I had a drew a picture and I thought 'Yes, maybe I can turn this into a story.' I guess that's when I knew the urge to write would always be with me.

2. EdFromNY

EdFromNY Hope to improve with age Supporter Contributor

Well, at first she was quite stunned. She had forgotten about the assignment (and didn't that make me feel just grand!) so she thought it was my drought essay. Then, when I explained that it was my essay on the trip, she just sort of mumbled and nodded. I never did get a grade, at least not that I remember. Then again in those days my grades were quite forgettable. It did give me an odd sense of power to have turned in more than she expected to get, but I was too young to know how to use that, either.

Ah, if I knew then what I know now!

3. CyberFD

CyberFD Member

I knew I wanted to write in about 8th grade. We were given a cause-and-effect worksheet where we were supposed to write one sentence following the prompt that was given to us.

I used the entire front, the back, and then three extra notebook papers when I was supposed to just write one sentence, only because I thought of a story that I could build on top of the prompt. My teacher was rather surprised but I got extra credit for it :p