Athena Academy Discussion

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by mmarage, Oct 5, 2014.

1. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Senior Member

There we go! Now im all caught up! :D

2. Firebreath

Firebreath New Member

Ok so ill just fix up the skills.

Name: Merlin
    Race: Human
    Appearance: Merlin keeps his hair long and messy, down to the point where if covers his ears. He usually wears jeans, a plad shirt, and vans. His face looks like an upside down triangle with a rounded bottom. With a medium sized nose, and brown eyes. He has a very wise look to him as well.
    Bio:
    Merlin was born in a small town near a lake. The town was a trading spot for most of the surrounding cities, so there were people from all different areas coming in and out. Merlins parents were from a long blood line of wizards, and used to be apart of a clan with other wizards. This was before Merlin was born. They had had a child before him, but something was different about this child, the two parents had created something different, something stronger than a magic user. The leaders of the place, had noticed this and had taken drastic measures killing the boy, for the safety of the clan. As another precaution they had killed the father before either of them were able to reproduce another child, but it had been too late, there was another egg growing in Merlins mother. About a week after the fathers death she had ran away, during a six month period she had become a nomad, traveling, holding her baby. During that time she had met another man, he was a regular human, after two months they had gotten married and started to raise Merlin together, in the trading town. Of course, he doesnt know about his real father. A couple of years later Merlins mother and second father had another baby, it was a girl named Ember. All four of them lived in the same house, and same place happily for 16 years. Merlins life was perfect, he was living life not knowing anything about his family's backstory, not knowing hes this all powerful being. But that was all before that fateful day. That day the evil destoryed everything. He was out fishing when it happened. A huge explosion came from his house, starting a fire to spread around the town. Merlin quickly ran to his burning house, entering the house not caring if he got burned, as soon as he entered he saw his mother lying on the floor with a broken peice of wood peirced through her body. She was still breathing but not for long. Merling ran to her landing onto his knees to inspect a way to get her out.
    But all she did was bring him close and touched his head with two of her fingers, implementing all of the information he needed to survive outside, telling him what he was, telling him how powerful he was. After that she fell lifeless. Merlin didn't have time to morn, quickly getting out of there he was greeted with a tall black figure holding his sister Ember. Before he could do anything though the figure dissapeared, taking his sister with him. The only one to have survived the fire was Him leaving him out alone in the world. Two years later he took the time to plan everything, by first learning how to control his powers.

Skills-

Soul Magic:

Soul Absorption: To activate this effect Merlin can choose to absorb the soul of a dead man he has killed. After absorption depening on the person he has Absorbed he will gain that persons powers, and will gain that persons years meaning his life will extend.

4 points

Soul Switch:
    Merlin is able to switch between spirits to fight his opponents freely. The first time into entering a soul requires no points but to switch in between a fight would cost him. Each time he switches the points it takes to use this increases

1 point (and grows, more times you use the skill)

3. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

@Firebreath y: I'm curious, how many points did mmarage told you to use?

4. Firebreath

Firebreath New Member

It said 5 didn't for soul magic

5. mmarage

mmarage The Detective Contributor

...Didn't you read the rest of the CS? Furthermore, why didn't you simply wait until I replied to you?

6. lixAxil

@Firebreath All right, there are some cardinal implicit rules you're ignoring. Gonna give ya a lecture so you can keep 'em in mind for the future.

1) Always read the rules imposed by GMs in their games, also the CS. When creating a character you have to follow the character sheet imposed by the GM. Some GMs are more flexible and allow little deviations, but for this of course you have to ask teh GM.

2) Do not post a character if the GM hadn't allowed you to do it yet. Step 1: Create the character in your mind, Step: 2 Send a PM to the GM with your character constructed according to the CS. Step 3: Fix any little detail according to feedback given by the GM via PM. Step 4: Post your character if the GM allow it to.
    Posting characters beforehand is just what resident arrogant bastards like me do, do not follow me, I'm a bad example.

Anyway, just follow the GM rules and you're ok, this is a very friendly community with active roleplays (not all of them) and active players (not all of them, but a fair number). And remember this is a writing forum so we have a tendency to really value clever and interesting writing more than just flashy skills and characters (Another mistake that I, the resident arrogant bastard commit most of the time)

7. Firebreath

Firebreath New Member

LOL i did read everything, im sorry i didn't understand it at all that well. And sorry for posting it here. I just thought that since everyone else posted theirs here that i was supposed to too.

8. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

@Firebreath hey welcome to the forum!

Always nice to see new people! XD

I am the mod for RP here, so if you have any questions or anything lemme know I'm always happy to help.

And try not to let @lixAxil and @mmarage scare you away lol. They're great once you get to know them.

But again, anything you need lemme know, or any questions about this game, talk to @mmarage.

:)

9. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

@Firebreath:

Hiiii!!

Nice to meet you

I sent you a pm so we could talk more in private :D

Have you checked out the FAQ's yet? Its our general rules kinda.

https://www.writingforums.org/threads/roleplaying-faq-the-complete-ish-and-unabridged-second-edition.132661/

Also you have no reason to be sorry AT all. You didn't do anything wrong. Now I'm not part of AA but don't sweat it if you didn't get the CS stuff exactly right, you're new and even if you were not new its perfectly fine not to get it right the first time around.

Systems can be confusing sometimes (so much so that I don't even keep track of them half of the time when I play a game with a magic system XD)

Sorry that you got bombarded by lectures within only a couple days of being here.....among other things.

And personally I like your character :D

10. mmarage

Man, now three people that aren't even part of AA is posting on my discussion! D: Well, one's a mod, so he can get away with it. :3

11. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Lol we've never really been strict about that around here. And... Damn right I can get away with it! Bask in the radiant glow of my narwhal peasant!

:p

[​IMG]

Kingtype likes this.
  12. lixAxil

Why does it seems as if I was the bad one here?

13. Firebreath

Firebreath New Member

Cause you sounded so mean with your post ;~; @lixAxil

14. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

He loves redheads

15. Firebreath

Firebreath New Member

Please, my real hair color is black. Im only red headed by spirit

16. lixAxil

'Cause my logic is undeniable
    *Put sunglasses* Deal with it

17. Mewmewcatfish

Mewmewcatfish Active Member

Hiya Firebreath! Welcome to AA and don't mind Lix he grows on you :p -takes Lix's sunglasses and mimics him- I am the authority!?!?! hehe! I;m Mewy btw.

18. mmarage

*Sigh* I'm never getting rid of you guys, am I? :p

Well, anyway, Fire, you have five skill classifications, one, is magic in general, pretty self explanatory, skills, which are just things that your character can do, it could be something as mundane as speed reading to hacking, magical skills, which are skills that anyone can learn, however aren't used much in normal day situations, such as enchanting or creating charms, next is combat, which again is self explanatory, just whatever fighting styles or weapon skills your character has, each one of these you get ten points in, then there's soul magic, which is magic that is unique to your character, you are allowed to have multiple, however, since they are unique and could do some crazy things, I only allow you five points to ensure that they aren't over powered.

19. Firebreath

Firebreath New Member

Thanks ^^ and thank you @mmarage ill be fixing my character sheet and sent it to you by PM so you can accept

20. Leviathan

Leviathan Active Member

Good evening y'all. I'm a humble newbie of this forum but your supreme leader has seen fit to allow me to join you in this venture called RPG. I am looking forward to writing with you and creating many cruel and unusual situtations to throw our unsuspecting characters in. Because of Drama.

I'll hereby present my character sheet, do comment on it if you have an opinion.

Name: Adam Lobe
    Race: Human

Appearance: Generally doesn’t care about his appearance, as such he looks kind of dishevelled. Straw-blond hair that’s always in a perpetual mess, short enough that it doesn’t cover his ears and eyes. Soft brown eyes. 1,81 m, he is very particular about the last centimetre, especially when some people doubt it’s existence. (Dutch average height is 1,81, I’m not shorter than that!) Wears whatever he finds in his closet, usually t-shirts, jeans and blouses.

Bio: Born in the Netherlands in a small village, Adam had a perfectly ordinary childhood, that changed one evening when, at age 14, he was travelling home through the woods and was attacked by a magical killer. The boy would have surely perished if he hadn’t manifested his magic just in time to save him. The assailant didn’t expect the little human to have magic and didn’t shield his mind properly. As a result, Adam’s memory magic transferred all the psychopath’s memories to Adam, leaving the killer a vegetable and giving Adam the trauma of remembering all of the horrors committed by him. After that night, Adam gained the ability use memory magic at will, but never at the scale of that first time.

Despite his trauma, Adam grew up as a compassionate and calm young man with a terrible sense of humour. Always curious towards new memories to absorb, but the more new memories he takes in, the harder it gets for him to remember which ones are his.

Sometimes, especially during stressful situations, he turns sadistic and violent. Never for long, but it makes one wonder, if he absorbed all of his would-be-killers memories, is the psychopath not still alive somewhere in Adam’s head?

Skills-

Magic-
    Sound Manipulation: 10 (I’m assuming here this means the character can move silently, speak very loud and, on higher levels, dampen sound in a wide area. Maybe he can have conversations without anyone else hearing?)

Magical Skills-
    Lore: 4
    Magical Theory: 6

Combat-
    Unarmed: 5
    Knife: 5

Skills-
    Stealth: 5
    Biology: 5
    First Aid: 1
    Jokes: -35 (he’s that lame)

Soul Magic:
    Memory Sharing: 5

He can share some of his own memories through short physical contact with the receiver’s head. Using the same method he can also look at his targets memories, but this takes longer. At this point, he can’t actively manipulate or suppress memories. (He might be able to help people with amnesia, depending whether that works for the plot.)
    He likes to copy the memories of victims and put those in the head of their abusers.
    This ability will be blocked by strong enough mental defences.

Adam’s Classes:
    Magic 101
    Beginner's Alchemy/Potion Making
    Sparring
    Introduction to Archaeology
    First Aid
    Soul Magic Studies
    Magical History

PS: not sure if memory magic would counts as normal magic or soul magic, for now I have soul.

21. Leviathan

Leviathan Active Member

Regarding the plot and new characters:
    As you know, in the story a school group has already been formed to undertake a mission. And now two inconsiderate baka's have made new characters! The nerve of these youngsters. The issue here is how to properly introduce those 2 guys to the story.

I do have one idea, and if you don't like it please say so and we never speak of it again.
    I believe the group's mission is to retrieve a mirror from some ruins. Now what if some other party also wants that mirror, and has hired, blackmailed or otherwisely coerced the 2 new characters to get it. The new guys clash with the group, everyone gets to show their skills and from there we'll see what happens.

Opinon?

22. mmarage

Oh, Fire's character will not be joining us, it was never formally accepted, and as for that idea, I have another in mind, the Dean is a troll that loves to screw with people, especially Joe due to the destruction of his favorite hat. So throwing in a possible murderous psychopath into the mix at the last minute would be his style.

23. Leviathan

Leviathan Active Member

Ok, I like it. I guess Joe wouldn't like another guy to show up in the already big group, and I my character probably can't resist trying to figure Joe's memories out, which he can't with Joe's resistance. Drama ensues.

24. Leviathan

Leviathan Active Member

So you are saying something like this?:
    Adam missed the first week of school because of travel difficulties, when he showed up all the groups were already formed. The dean, in his usual trolly self, looked at the kid's file and thougth to himself. Where best to put a potentially dangerous individual then into a group that's already filled with people with unstable mental states. Basically putting all the wild-cards in one place.

The thing about the hat would SURELY not factor in on it. The dean is a mature adult, certainly no one could accuse him of such petty revenge. Certainly.

25. mmarage

Certainly...

Peggy: You would be wrong.

Me: SHH!

And basically, they can have given him the test discreetly to see if he has magic or not. :p