Athena Academy Discussion

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by mmarage, Oct 5, 2014.

1. mmarage

mmarage The Detective Contributor

Oh, also, just wait for the preparations to be done. :p When I say sprung up at the last moment, I mean it! :D X3

2. Leviathan

Leviathan Active Member

I am postively burning with anticipation.

3. Mewmewcatfish

Mewmewcatfish Active Member

Im very tempted to put Edgar in the host club. ;) I think charming a few ladies would be fun!

4. mmarage

XD Oh, and you guys can just pretend to have heard Tam's request if you want. XD I'll probably move things on soon enough.

5. Leviathan

Leviathan Active Member

Question regarding Joe's soul magic. So having a verum value of 5 mean he blocks any mental whammie valued 5 or below. What if an OC gets to level 6 before he does? For example, would my OC have complete succes or only limited succes in trying to copy/paste memories from and to if his level is higher?
    I'd like to know how you guys feel OC's powers should/could interact before I write stuff you might hate. (Another example, I personally think Song of Sorrow could be used to pull people out of hulk/hyde mode, should they find themselves in there, but I am not the boss of that and I don't want to intrude in other people's OC management.)

6. mmarage

He'd have limited success in his endeavor, for instance if someone had telepathic magic and their level was 35, they could easily wrap Joe's thoughts and very mind around their finger without him ever suspecting a thing, but if they were only level 6, they could do very little without setting off an alert for Joe, such as reading surface thoughts (AKA what he's currently thinking) But even that will have some risk of being discovered, as that gap increases, the more they can safely do without the possibility of Joe figuring out what's going on, and it's fine for you to interact with characters as you please, but if you believe it to be an extended conversation, make a PM with that person in order to not flood the RP with multiple posts that could be a single snippet of conversation.

7. Leviathan

Leviathan Active Member

Thanks for clearing that up.

PS: I would like to create an innocent bystander NPC who we can all control and bully as we please. For a joke I want to use later. Thoughts?

PPS: what time is it in AA-universe? Almost 6?

8. mmarage

Mhm, it's almost six, and I'm fine with you bringing in your own NPCs so long as they aren't powerful and can help you worm your way out of difficult situations or important to the main story.

9. Leviathan

Leviathan Active Member

I want the innocent bystander noone cares about. The unlucky extra, cabbage guy from avatar, Hans Moleman from the Simpsons, You get the idea. For fun and laughs, no serious drama.

10. mmarage

That's fine, as I said, as long as it isn't pivotal for the main story, isn't too powerful, or in excess, make as many NPCs as you deem fit.

11. Leviathan

Leviathan Active Member

my concept entails sharing one NPC among all of us to enhance efficiency and actually lower the amount of NPC's neccesary. And to laugh about it.

12. mmarage

And Joe has ran off... At this point of time, it is impossible to discern his location. :3

13. mmarage

Alright everyone, skill time!

Joe gets a point in Kendo and Light Magic.

Adam gets a point in Knife Skills, Sound Manipulation, and one brownie point* for solving the riddle.

Chrysalis gets a point in Aeromancy, Krav Maga and a brownie point* for getting the mirror

Tam gets a point in Fairy Lights

Noroi gets a point in sword skills.

Cindy gets a point in summoning, and a brownie point* for the awesome shoe throw (SO SAYETH CHARLES DODGSON!)

Erza gets a point in Axes, Pyromancy, and Fire-Flesh

Edgar gets a point in Sword Skills and Muay Thai

*Brownie points are free points, meaning you can place it any skill of your choosing or you can add on a new skill, just alert of me of when you're ready to put it into a skill.

14. mmarage

Oh yeah, make sure to check out the first post, at the bottom, I added something so then you can check up on your stats with ease, a spoiler with everyone's stats.

15. Leviathan

Leviathan Active Member

After a long wait I'll present to you, Adam's theme:

Since y'all seem to be going for anime persons as template, i'll go with this for Adam's appearance:
    upload_2015-2-26_18-31-4.png

Here's also an image of the creature from the flashback, backstory there:

[​IMG]

16. mmarage

Well... it appears that I'm down to a single player, so, I think I'm going to put this on hiatus for now. >> If I don't shut it down entirely.