Athena Academy

Discussion in 'Role Play' started by mmarage, Oct 5, 2014.

1. mmarage

mmarage The Detective Contributor

As I walked toward the main office, I passed by the nurse's office, outside some students were gathered around talking in hushed tones, something about someone breaking into the Nurse's office and stealing medical supplies. "Go on without me." I said without looking back at the group. Normally I wouldn't give a damn about a robbery, however, I wanted to prolong having to report to Dodgson, so I pushed past the students and walked inside.

The room was relatively clean and it seemed like it was fully prepped for whatever medical emergencies that might arise, it looked more like an operating room than a nurse's office, however the cabinets were wide open and the contents inside were knocked over as if someone had been searching for something or had merely knocked it over while grabbing something else.

A woman in her mid thirties with short black hair, tanned skin, and green eyes, wearing a plain white doctor's jacket, blue button up shirt beneath it, and a black skirt, was talking with a pale man in his early twenties, he had brown hair that went down to his shoulders and brown eyes, he was just wearing a plain black t-shirt, blue jeans, and tennis shoes. The woman looked furious and he looked rather guilty. "How could you have lost it?!" She asked.

"I-I'm sorry ma'am, I-I didn't mean to, it just... happened." He said looking down, he then glanced over at me, the woman saw him look and turned to me.

"I'm sorry, but the office is currently closed, please come back later." She said.

"What the hell happened here?" I asked, I wasn't going away until I got some answers, however, it seemed clear that someone broke in and stole something from the cabinets... well... at least that's how it looked.

"Isn't it obvious...? Someone broke in and stole some meds." The man said. Suddenly... chains ripped into him, they came from the walls, the floor, and the ceiling, they all zeroed in for his heart, they spilled blood all around the man and carried chunks of flesh and bone away from him. The sight brought bile to my throat, I took an involuntary step backwards, it was just like that time with the dean... He was lying. "Er... is something wrong?" He asked, my face had grown pale and I had a mixture of disgust and fear on my face.

I shook my head. "No, it's nothing, sorry, just felt... a little dizzy, it's nothing." I said in a lame attempt to hide the sudden odd behavior I had exhibited. I glanced at the cabinet and noticed something straight way. "Stealing meds, hm? Well... that's interesting, seeing as they ignored some pretty strong pain killers and muscle relaxers." I said, I recognized the names from my mother's hidden medicine cabinet filled to the brim with drugs she did not need.

The chains shook and a few broke, the wounds sealed up and blood soaked into the floor and disappeared along with bits of flesh and bone. "W-Well... t-they must've been looking for something other than those." He said grinning nervously. "You really should be going..." He said, glancing nervously at the woman.

"Hm... I think I'd rather stay." I said, looking around the room, it looked like it had been cleaned up, but there was a little bit of blood that was leading to a refrigerated cabinet. a small drop, I could tell more had been cleaned from the scent of bleach hanging in the air. "Someone stole blood packs." I said after a second, the chains shook and more shattered, leaving only two stabbing through the man's body.

"W-What, where'd you get that idea?!" He asked, clearly shocked. "T-That's ludicrous, we don't carry such things here." I said.

I sighed softly and fixed him with a cold glare. "Don't lie, given the state of this place, it's equipped for even major surgeries, having blood packs on hand for transfusions isn't out of the question, the spot of blood on the floor that you missed while cleaning up and the fact that none of the medication was touched is the proof, you cleaned up and then messed up the cabinets yourself in order to hide such a bizarre crime to mortals." I said.

The man gasped and the final chains finally shattered and disappeared, the blood, the flesh, and the bone sinking into the floor, leaving no trace. "...Ngh... busted... yeah, someone got in last night and stole a bunch of blood packs." He said rubbing the back of his head, he must've realized I was one of the unnatural students when I used the term 'mortal'.

"Good, no more secrets, okay?" I asked crossing my arms. "So, who had a key to this room?" I asked, I had noticed there were no scratch marks on the door and the glass was intact, so someone used a key... or teleported inside.

"Well, there is myself, and my lack luster assistant Victor, then three teachers... Ms. Foster, she keeps certain... items in the cold storage, and she tends to synthesize during all hours so I just gave her a key after she woke me up in the middle of the night for the fifth time, and I kind of insist because she can be so scatterbrained, one time I walked in on her about to cook a monster's liver for dinner, suffice it to say, she would have likely have harmed herself. Mr. Haines, he tends to get injured and prefers to patch himself up, so I just give him a key and tell him not to take too much, since he tends to wait until the end of the day when I've finally closed up for the night. Finally, there's Mr. Simmons, he keeps medication in here and since I tend to leave to grab lunch, he gets very impatient for me to come back and demanded a key so then he wouldn't have to wait around for me. However, there is another person that could have accessed the office, Victor here lost his key yet again, so someone could have grabbed it and came in here." The nurse... well... technically doctor explained, I believe her name was Valerie from the nameplate sitting on the desk nearby.

"I see... that was very informative, thank you." I said, with that, I turned and left before they could ask anything in return and made my way to the Dean's office.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  2. Nia

Nia Active Member

I sigh quietly as I had walked to the school gated as well. I felt a bit lost when Joe went off by himself. "I-I guess we report to the Dean?" I say a moment heading through the gates inside ignoring the pile of books since they were not mine. Once inside I would head to the secretary's office. "Um....hello? We're all back."