Atlantians Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by naturemage, May 30, 2012.

1. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Apologies, my post seems to have been delayed in getting posted. That was a response to Hex.

2. SpitFyre

SpitFyre Member

no problem ive edited the post to get rid of the rebuild saves time, mine was the last post in the RPG anyway so it wont confuse any posts after it. Saves a lot of trouble i caused without meaning to.

3. SpitFyre

SpitFyre Member

Hex im not happy about your last post can you please reply to my private message so we can sort it out.

4. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

Okay okay, I'm sorry to do this, but ENOUGH!

I am going to make this very clear, since this overpower thing has gotten a bit out of hand, as have a few other things.

While I understand everyone's opinion that there may be a few "overpowered" characters in this game, there is one important thing to remember: this is a STORY! Despite the fact that people may not seem to have a weakness, it is how the posts are written that make the "overpowered" characters weak. I have not seen anyone take to being overpowered yet, and if I DO happen to see something like this, the player will be warned. Consequently, if they fail to keep their character under control a second time, they will be removed from the game.

I did approve everyone's characters with the understanding that they would not become "that jerk" who decides their character is the best and does everything.

I sincerely hope that solves that problem.

Secondly, as far as partially harming characters, this is not a problem. However, anything that has to do with disabling a character, killing a character, etc. should be dealt with over PM. I realize that myself and Mouse did this, and from now on, any time you attempt to do something as above to another player character, you MUST PM the person first. In addition, for those of you receiving such PMs, please be willing to work with the person on this. A flat out NO is, in my opinion, just as rude as not asking permission.

@Hex: please change your post or PM SpitFyre to collaborate. I did not realize you had done this without permission.

I am very glad the game is going well, but if it is going to create problems, more rules will be created, and the game will be less fun. I DO NOT WANT TO DO THIS! So please, be respectful. Losthawken congratulated us on a new record of posts per week, and I prefer a good game where everyone is happy over a successful one. Let's work together and keep our superheroes' egos in check.

ALSO: if there are any other problems, please PM them to me. The discussion thread is not for personally attacking other players and their characters. It is to discuss in game things, such as what people are planning to do next. Anyone who personally attacks another character as such will be removed from the game and reported to the moderators by me.

I do not want to be a nasty GM, but I will not tolerate arguments such as what happened today.

5. SpitFyre

SpitFyre Member

he did inform me by pm first that he was going to do it but i didn't know what was going to be posted thought he would send me a draft. its okay we are sorting it out by PM now we will get it to make sense soon.

6. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

^Okay, please when you PM to collaborate, be sure to get a draft of the post and make sure both players approve of it.

7. Hex44

Hex44 New Member

I honestly don't see how Draco is "overpowered" a little arrogant maybe but not overpowered. Hughs' Blowing buildings up is causing more of a stir in game. I wish you would have let Draco repair that building. *sigh*

8. Hex44

Hex44 New Member

That's your Cue Draco or Dara, react before I capture the both of you and sell you to Hugh.

Heist, I'm waiting for your next post so we can meet up

9. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

I have a feeling this isn't going to go peacefully, no matter how hard Dara tries.

You have my permission to do whatever you need to do, Hex. :p

10. SpitFyre

SpitFyre Member

Same for me but end the post with where ya take us so me and jess can still post :)

11. Hex44

Hex44 New Member

HOW DO YOU DO ITALICS?

do you know how hard it is to think in a carribean dialect then speak and type in english. jeez

12. SpitFyre

SpitFyre Member

ummm i think its [ i ] "your writing here" [ / i ] take the spaces out of the brackets

13. SpitFyre

SpitFyre Member

worked out how to do it, write the text then highlight it and click the I in the top bar of the reply window.

14. JessWrite

And Dara's superhero story truly begins...;) I love dire goals! Dara's going to be awfully upset though.

I assume the bee illusion vanished when Ruddyman did?

15. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

*Waits impatiently for a spot to open the she can jump into*

16. JessWrite

Maybe our characters can run into each other, LtW. I'm planning on Dara retracing her steps back to the gym. She's going to be in a lot distress over what's happened, and could easily walk past the department store. :)

17. SpitFyre

SpitFyre Member

Yea the illusion vanished he saidd in the post noticed when i reread it for my post :)

18. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Damn it, I sent my collaboration post to the wrong person. LTW I'll re send it now.

19. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Hold on I'm confused. Spitfyre didn't repair the hospital, then hex's post said he did. Then Ruddyman folded space? I though he didn't have any powers?

20. SpitFyre

SpitFyre Member

yea there was a bit of confusion over it all me hes and jess have sorted it all now it makes sense now. And no i dont think he did have that power but hey ho.

21. JessWrite

MrMr, yeah yesterday was a bit of a confusing day in Atlantis.

What happened was SpitFyre edited his post right before Hex posted his. Then Hex edited a large chunk out of his post about Draco repairing the hospital, but a small bit still hung in there.

I believe the chemicals/poisons Ruddyman has been concocting has started to give him strange powers unknown to him. At least that's what I make of it. ;)

Oh, and if you and LtW are collaborating please let me know so I can decide what Dara should do next. :)

22. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

Currently waiting on naturemage to move the department store scene along. Depending on how Reflect responds, Alica might be witness to a big police shootout or total carnage. Hell, she might even be taken hostage by the villain. *gasp* Oh, the suspense. :eek:

23. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Haha. I think Alica is gonna leave the scene before anything drastic happens and bump into Dara. :) Depending on how she responds to my message. This is getting fun already! :) By the way...What happened to our news reporter character?

24. Hex44

Hex44 New Member

What reporter Character?

25. JessWrite

I think LtW means Piper Laufeyson, Loki's detective character. :)