1. GuardianWynn

GuardianWynn Contributor Contributor

Attempting to return from the void

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by GuardianWynn, Nov 21, 2016.

I have been pretty slow/non-responsive here lately.

I think I am gonna try and fix that. :D My writing has been.... odd. So much slower, more of a slow burn that I am privately convinced is suffering from atrophy, though, my girl friend is of a stark constasting opinnion.

I am a fantasy/sci fi - action adventure writer, okay okay writer may be a stretch. lol.

Figured I would post this and let all the new blood glance and see if anyone wanted to strike up a chat. :)

lol

Tea@3, Lea`Brooks and Komposten like this.
  2. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

Welcome back! :)

Everyone needs a break every once in a while, but it's always good to see members returning.

3. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

Morning! I thought I hadn't seen you for a bit, welcome back!

4. Moe1795

Moe1795 Member

How are you all doing. My writing has been suffering from real life.

5. ginkgo88

ginkgo88 New Member

Haha well, I'm fresh blood. Name's Avigail, or ginkgo or whatever :) First of all, kind of jealous of your supportive significant other. I recently told my boyfriend I wanted to get back into writing (me: the author, was really pre-relationship. He's never known me as being a 'creative') and all he told me was to "write something like Good Will Hunting, but better."

Secondly, breaks are a healthy part of the process! My favorite cliche inspirational quote is something like "Nothing in nature blooms for four seasons, so don't expect yourself to do so." I've been on a break for numerous seasons, though, so it's time for me to go out and experience a new spring.

Simpson17866 and GuardianWynn like this.
  6. GuardianWynn

O.O My god man that is serious! Real life is like the cancer to writing! Hugs!

I like this saying every much! :) Also sorry about your situation. Has it improved it all yet? Or do you think it will improve?

Simpson17866 likes this.
  7. Moe1795

Moe1795 Member

I know! Just gotta use the real life time as motivation , and spend non writing time reading. What kind of stuff do you write?

8. GuardianWynn

I would say, all my work is action adventure, with probably a modern fantasy setting but it has pinches of everything! Because... why not!

9. antlad

antlad Banned

Why does she have the opinion she has?

Did you bother to inform your significant other that Good Will Hunting is not a book, but a screenplay? If you had, the conversation may have gone in a more positive direction for you.

10. Moe1795

Moe1795 Member

Yes I hate categorizing. I like things that borrow from whatever genre it wants too anyway, so I dont wanna be inside a thriller box or a science fiction box or a horror box. I wanna be able to add what the scene requires while keeping it consistent of course

GuardianWynn likes this.