1. Daydream

Daydream Contributor Contributor

Author/book similar to Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Daydream, Jul 8, 2013.

As the title says could someone recommend me some? I've just finished World Without End and am feeling quite depressed because of it haha!

Gotta say both were brilliant books. I love the medieval English setting so I may be slightly biased. Don't think I've ever come to love characters as much as in these two novels. I'm also not a massive fan of novels with a lot of romance (I usually stick to fantasy and Sci-Fi), but in this case I found the Aliena/Jack and Merthin/Caris relationship really interesting. Although both ended up pissing me off a bit at points as there always seemed to come something between them!

Anyway, before I go on and on, could someone recommend me similar novels? Keep in mind the same kind of setting and similar era (in that way I mean preferably medieval England, but will also settle for any historical point before machines and electricity). It also needs good characterisation, because lets face it Follett's characterisation was amazing. And lastly, but not as importantly, the same kind of plot. Dunno how to explain this preference but I guess Follett readers will know :)

Thanks!!

2. Eliemme

Eliemme New Member

How about Falcones ¨The Cathedral of the Sea" set in Barcelona. I heard some people didn´t like the English translation ( I could read it in Spanish)...in any case, I think if you liked the Pillars you`ll like this too!

3. aliben

aliben New Member

Hi Eliemme. Do you can write in Spanish?