1. TheHedgehog

TheHedgehog Contributor Contributor

When You Were a Kid...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TheHedgehog, Jun 20, 2009.

What experiences do you remember from your childhood? The good, the bad, the ugly... any at all?

I remember having an eye condition, when I was very young, of course, called "lazy eye" were my eyes would see two of any object I focused on, and I thought I had a superpower. (eg -- if I stared at a desk, I could see two.)

2. ramya.1703

ramya.1703 New Member

i could write with left and right hand ! with the same kind of handwriting .. and won a few handwriting competitions as well!! but now i m not used to writing with the right hand also... its always typing typing.... !!

3. LordKyleOfEarth

LordKyleOfEarth Contributor Contributor

God the list is so long...

I remember getting pecked in the eye by a baby chicken. When I went to the doctor they put this crap in my eye that glowed neon orange (so they could find the tears). I had to wear an eyepatch for a couple of weeks.

4. M9A8E6S4TO

M9A8E6S4TO New Member

I wrote with my left hand until I got to the middle of the page, at which point I switched to my right hand. Two pencils, double production!

5. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

I used to have a really bad lisp. I couldn't make the "r" sound, instead I made the "w" sound. It was really frustrating.

And I remember I used to get in trouble a lot for calling 911. We lived in an apartment complex for maybe a year or two, and in that time, I probably called 911 like three or four times.

6. lazerus reborn

lazerus reborn New Member

At the end of my childhood, 16 phh what a rip off, lol
    The most ugly would be the tree falling on me,

The bad would be a nasty condition i found i had,

To Leave on a good note, 12 yrs old- beating my Ict teacher's precious severs to bits with a arc line chair in front of him,-well behind a glass window in a room in front of him- you know the really uncomfortable S shape chairs. Aww that was so fun, he honestly deserved it, am just the lucky sod who had the guts to do it lol.
    - Reason- He was a pesimistic, atangonistic, bully who chose to pick on girls, so me being a lad took a chair to his prised posession. Surprisingly he was kicked out and i was still allowed in that school. YaY karma works

7. sweetchaos

sweetchaos New Member

I once wrapped a metal necklace around the prongs on the plug of a nightlight...while it was plugged in.

I came face to face with a tomato bug once, and haven't been able to bring myself to eat one since then.

I was pooped on by a seagull and instinctively duck whenever one flies over head.

My sister threw the middle seat belt buckle at my temple.

I have tons, but I can't remember them all right now. lol

8. Forkfoot

Forkfoot Caitlin's ex is a lying, abusive rapist. Contributor

I (honest to God) had a nagging suspicion that my parents were raising me and my brothers to kill us and eat us when we were big enough. This thought came and went throughout my childhood till I was like seven or eight.

9. Lavarian

Lavarian Contributor Contributor

I somehow got all 3 prongs of a treble hook stuck in the side of my head. (Stood up when my dad cast his pole- took a few stitches)

A cow protecting her calf rammed me into a fence

I got shocked by a trying to change an outlet my grandpa said was off.

I once got a tick in a...very bad location. Pulling it off wasn't fun.

10. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

OUCH! That sounds quite unpleasant. :eek:

I'm 17, so I still consider myself a kid. Though I have to many stories to recount, good, bad, and ugly, of my younger childhood. It's coming along is all I can say. :p

11. TheHedgehog

That happened to me once... except with a mother Billy Goat. Haven't liked them since.

I remember going to speech therapy one time for a temporary lisp. I know the feeling. "Water" was my least-favorite word for the longest time. :p

Hm, what else happened to me? I think one time I ran into an electric horse fence while it was on. I was only five or four, but I remember it felt somewhat exhilarating.

These are all really interesting!

12. hiddennovelist

The weird thing for me is that I clearly remember lisping, but I don't ever remember going to speech therapy or doing anything about it besides trying to practice saying words right with my mom every once in a while.

But hey, I can make the r sound now, so I guess whatever my parents did to help me get rid of it worked...

Oh, I just remembered when I was younger, my older sister used to pour stuff like hairspray, hot sauce, etc in my eyes. Then my mom would call poison control, they would tell her to wrap me in a towel and rinse my eyes with water, and my sister would cry the whole time and tell my mom she was sorry and not to kill me, she wouldn't do it again. But she always did it again...

13. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan New Member

I am still considered a kid to some...

But I remember during the summer after 4th grade, I was playing with my brother, and I wanted to impress him with a pseudo-magic trick. So I rammed a lego piece up my nose with the intention of letting it "magically" pop out.

Unfortuantely, it stayed kind of, er, "stuck" in my nose, for lack of a better word.

My parents had to take me to the hospital so they could take the lego out with this weird sucking device that looked more like a needle.

14. hiddennovelist

That sounds incredibly painful.

15. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan New Member

^Actually it wasn't really. It was just kind of fun - and creepy - for me when I stuck a finger up my nose, and I could feel some lego plastic slathered with mucus and blood at the other end. Unfortunately, my finger wasn't long enough to get it out... which iwas why I needed to go to the hospital

16. TheHedgehog

Ew...

*gags*

17. TheHedgehog

Oh, wow. None of my siblings have been particularly violent, except once I was wrestling with my older brother and he accidentally got too rowdy and punched my face.

I lost a baby tooth. :rolleyes:

18. hiddennovelist

The funny thing is she's the really calm, cool, collected type now. I've always been the explosive one with the temper...but maybe I developed that as a defense to her attacks. ;) I don't think she did it because she wanted to hurt me, I think she was just curious to see what would happen.

My siblings and I used to do stuff to each other all the time, though. I've been in my share of wrestling matches, and once my brother even dropped a backpack full of books on my face. That one stung a little.

19. TheHedgehog

Haha! I can imagine!

20. Dr. Doctor

Dr. Doctor New Member

OK, thread's over!

I remember playing in the yard with my friends at night in the winter and running around, lit only by the Christmas lights in the trees and bushes.

I would always make up games and storylines and stuff - when I got older, I would transfer this into writing, as we got too old to play make believe and what not.

I once got my picture in the paper while walking after some birds at the park. That was pretty cool. But I didn't like the picture much.

21. Forgetmenot77

Forgetmenot77 Member

I guess maybe one of my best experiences was in the summer and some kids from the neighborhood that we lived in pressed down some tall grass in the canyon and we slid down the canyon on cardboards. Now that was a blast but one of my worst experiences was when we were in foster homes and there was an earthquake and it shook the house we lived and all I could remember was to run like and hell and I did but I was upperstairs and I ran down the stairs so fast by the time I got to the bottom I could not stop and ran into the wall and busted my nose.

22. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

I used to play in storms, and cyclones with my friends down the road from me. We made a 'boat', out of a wagon and a bedsheet, and played pirates in the 100km winds. Was so much fun.

I also used to think I was a witch, because everytime I lifted my arms, there was a gush of wind.. and therefore I could control the weather.

Lol, I miss the 90's.

23. Seppuku

Seppuku New Member

Some of those are interesting. ;)

-I used to go around a neighbour's house to play, and their dog liked me and I liked him, but he thought he'd attempt to push our relationship beyond friendship and I decided that I was too young, too straight and too human to be forced into that kind of relationship, so I was chased around the garden by a dog who wanted to have sex with me and I was having none of it!

-My old next door neighbour's son was being a real git one day, I used to go around and play with his sister, so when walking back round to my house, he was stood on top of their horse shed and threw a brick at me and it hit my shoulder. I was fine afterwards, though it was quite close to my head, so I'm lucky it didn't hit it.

-One day in secondary school my so-called best friend was being a real a-hole, he kept kicking me in PE, even though I just wanted to get on with it. He kept hitting me and I did not do another to provoke him, but he just had something that made him what to be a git. I ignored it, I thought there was no point in satisfying him. But to my surprise when I got back to the changing rooms, my bullies were there, except that were holding my friend back and they said, "You've got a free hit on us", having your bullies sticking up for you is a little strange, though I refused their offer. After all, violence for me is a last resort and has always been. (which perhaps made me an easy target at schooL)

24. TheHedgehog

Haha, I live on the coast, so we get the hurricanes occasonally, or tropical stormsm, but they never do that much damage. In Hurricane Gaston I ran around in the middle of the road, and I was sprinting like a maniac because there was a 70 mph wind pushing on my back, and it was absolutely raining bullets. So much fun. :awesome:

And, Sepp, those are some funny stories. Haha, the dog...

25. Gone Wishing

Gone Wishing New Member

I used to get leaves and use the sticky white sap as a glue to fold them over, then fill them with small flowers and stuff. I called them mermaids purses. XD

I also remember making up a song called "Got No Socks Today". I sang it incessantly.