1. Russo

Russo New Member

Just Wondering...

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Russo, Nov 19, 2014.

Are we allowed to post third party sites (for our works) on here to receive reads? I was looking for the guidelines and rules of this forum but couldn't locate it.

2. stevesh

stevesh Banned Contributor

These line items from the Rules seem to suggest not:

"All stories, poems, or other writing offered for comment must be posted in the Writing Workshop."

"Enclosures, links, and images are not acceptable. The work to be reviewed, and all critiques, must be posted directly, without any supplementary materials."

3. outsider

outsider Contributor Contributor

So there.

4. Russo

Russo New Member

That's a load of bull. I know the rules of posting your works on here too...you have to critique other works and then when you go to post your own, you have to wait for it to even be accepted. Guess you all aren't reading anything of mine any time soon.

5. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

This part is not true. There is no "acceptance" step once you have met the requirements for posting in the Workshop. There's an occasional glitch that makes the Workshop bouncer a little overzealous, but this is not to be confused with any yes/no choice process, which does not exist.

6. James Random

James Random Member

So what's the big beef against links? A link to google docs seems perfectly legit to me.

7. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Two reasons. Firstly, the mods are not about to take on the task of vetting every link to ensure it has a valid end location. Secondly, the Workshop is called the Workshop for a reason. It's a place to hash things out. Quoting of posted material should be easy and intuitive to the platform in order for members to participate in the Workshop paradigm and for members who are new to the whole experience to readily see the process.

8. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

@Russo - I'm wondering if this section of the Rules might contain the answer you're looking for.

If you have a section on your blog that allows comment, no reason people couldn't choose to comment on your writing there.