1. TheWriteWitch

TheWriteWitch Active Member

Awkward wanting of attention...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by TheWriteWitch, Sep 29, 2016.

Hello!

I'm already judging that title. Is awkward the right word? Word choice always slows me down and takes me out of the story unless I'm flat-out procrastinating a deadline. Speaking of procrastination, this place is looking like a great spot for productive procrastination and more. Any suggestions for living the WritingForums life would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Rebecca

2. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man or BayView

Oh yes, this is a wonderful place for procrastination. :D

My suggestion is to have a look at our short story contest and it's definitely not because I'm responsible for them. Oh no. I'm unbiased. https://www.writingforums.org/threads/october-2016-short-story-contest-instructions-and-entries-here.148307/

Or the poetry contest (https://www.writingforums.org/weekly-poetry-contests/) or flash fiction (https://www.writingforums.org/weekly-flash-fiction-contest/) if that's more your thing.

Okay, shameless plug over... Welcome!

TheWriteWitch and jannert like this.
  3. karldots92

karldots92 Active Member

Welcome to the forum Rebecca! I'm an expert at procrastination - I'm 36 and I've been putting off writing since I was 13! :p

4. SethLoki

SethLoki Retired Autodidact Contributor

Welcome too.

Procrastinators of the world unite and think about taking over, maybe one/some day. Former fretter here too over word choice, but now these are my friend: [ humble placeholders ] < realised when words won't immediately come to mind they may...minutes, hours or days later pop into being when the subconscious sees fit to release them—whereby I leg it back and pop them in. And by that the meanwhile can be spent cracking on.

Writing forum life—well the place to me has been both a great resource and leveller. Archives full of nuggets and some past/present forumites of enviable aspirational calibre.

5. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Hi Rebecca. It's not too late. Back away. Back away now. Far away. Else you, too, will be seized an army of Procrastination Sprites and sucked right into the compulsion to check the forum every 5 minutes, and spend the time in between responding to various threads.

TheWriteWitch and karldots92 like this.
  6. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi Rebecca! Welcome to WF. :)

Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started, it should give you a basic idea of all the sub-forums and what WF is all about. :)

Have fun and see you around!

-Kat