1. ISlaybeasties

ISlaybeasties New Member

Ay up, from Leeds

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ISlaybeasties, Apr 1, 2015.

Hello there,

I have started working properly on a book I thought of 10 years ago and I stumbled across this site whilst doing research (procrastinating). There looks to be a fantastic amount of resources here and as writing can be a lonely pursuit at times, it would be great to meet some folk who love books and can relate when I say "I can't get what's in my head onto the page properly!"

My story is a sci-fi thriller, set in the future, and focuses on human trafficking. The 1st book I remember buying with my own money, as a youngster, was Funland by Richard Laymon so my taste does lean to the extreme somewhat!

2. Mckk

Mckk Moderator Staff Supporter Contributor

Welcome! :superagree:You'll find plenty of like-minded people here.

Here's the new member's guide for your reference. Hopefully it should answer all your basic questions.

Human-trafficking's a heavy topic but it sounds interesting to me already! Hopefully we'll get to hear more about it as you hang around the forum :)

3. ISlaybeasties

ISlaybeasties New Member

Thank you very much :)

Heavy, Mckk? I am glued to videos of baby animals when I'm not writing in an effort cleanse my brain

Lancie and Mckk like this.
  4. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Staff Supporter Contributor

Welcome to the forum!

This sounds really interesting; I'd be interested to read it :). My and my writing partner's (@T.Trian here, also a moderator) Work in Progress (sci-fi) also discusses human trafficking briefly. Have you read The Natashas by Victor Malarek?

5. ISlaybeasties

ISlaybeasties New Member

I've just added it to my Amazon wishlist, along with Selling Olga, which was recommended in a review for the Natashas. Thanks for the heads up :)

KaTrian likes this.
  6. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome.