1. Montego Bay

Montego Bay Banned

this newbie writes!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Montego Bay, Dec 21, 2015.

Hey friends. My name is Anais and I write with my middle name as my surname. I'm really excited to join this site and make some friends; although growing up with a family of book-lovers, I haven't had the opportunity to meet many people passionate about writing. I began writing at age 9, and learned for the first time about how to work with Word documents, the concept of paragraphs, and where to use apostrophes. It was daunting to say the least! My mom taught me the alphabet when I was only 2 1/2, and I remember reading simple words by the time I was three. I grew up with the Grimm fairy tales, relatively sheltered from most movies (especially Disney), so I had no choice but to turn to books for entertainment. I still own my original copy of the Grimm fairy tales, and an Eyewitness book on mythology from around the world.
    Back to writing; my first story was about a girl named Sandra and a witch named Rica who turned her into a werewolf. I still have never finished it; it will most likely remain twenty pages away from completion for eternity. My first work completed was when I was thirteen; it was a novella titled Sunset about mind-control and a quest across the ocean. Now, I'm nearly finished with my first novel I will ever complete, named Banana Boat Sunday (name purposely misspelled). I joined this board so I could have the inspiration, advice, and energy I need to finish more work in the future, to make it better, to grow as I age. I'm only 17, so I definitely have a lot of learning to do.

ILaughAtTrailers and datahound2u like this.
  2. VynniL

VynniL Contributor Contributor

Wow, I envy you knowing that you wanted to write so early.

I decided I wanted to write in my 30s! Before then drawing was my only creative outlet but I've always loved to read, so I grew up reading all the Grimm fairy tales and mythology too. :)

datahound2u likes this.
  3. Montego Bay

Montego Bay Banned

wow cool! I like to draw, too; I find it really helps the creative process because I can illustrate ideas and sketch out character appearances.