1. Kandace

Kandace New Member

Badria. ~fantasy/romance/drama/action~

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Kandace, Feb 4, 2009.

There was once a kingdom named Badria. This kingdom was ruled by the King and the king was determined by The Amulet Of Myre. When the oldest of the royal children came of age, they were to take the amulet to the top of Mount Kolas and if they was found worthy, would become the new king. Legend says that at one point the royal bloodline will end and a new hero will step forth to claim the amulet. Our story begins with Princess Rishannah. When Princess Rishannah was young her parents were killed by the evil adviser Blashfulhir. After Rishannah married Count Walic and claimed the throne he planned to do the same to her. But Rishannah found out about this plot and tried to destroy Blashfulhir. But Blashfulhir was too strong for them and bested their armies with black magic. Blashfulhir found the royal couple and their daughter trying to escape the city. Resulting in the death of King Walic and the capture of the baby girl. The girl was raised by Blashfulhir, and named Rana, which means “in memory“. Meanwhile, Queen Rishannah hid, watching her baby from afar. Waiting for her to grow up, and claim the amulet and her role as Queen as she herself did. But when she came of age, Blashfulhir refused her. It was then that Rishannah disguised herself and stole the necklace, to prevent Blashfulhir from claiming the power of Myre. Blashfulhir then put a price on her head. Calling her “Aaria, Maiden Of Darkness”. When news of Aaria spread, treasure hunters arose from all over. Including seventeen year old Sagus Makani, a farmer’s son in the small village of Talvi. So to save his father’s farm, Sagus and the town wizard Boreas set out to retrieve the Amulet. Along the way they meet a woman in a tavern by the name of Hilel Siran. Hilel is a fighter and a fortune seeker, so she joins their party.

Here’s where I hit a hitch. I want the Princess Rana to join them in finding the amulet, but I don’t know what her motivation to do that would be. Any ideas?

2. Penny Dreadful

Penny Dreadful New Member

It seems like that could happen any number of ways. Princesses (or princess-like characters) have been joining ragtag groups of heroes for ages; just take a look at 60% of high fantasy novels and 80% of video-game RPGs. It all depends on the type of character Rana is. Is she daring? Would she run off seeking the amulet for herself? Would she hear a rumor of the group and disguise herself to investigate? Would the group be imprisoned and she just happens upon them then? Some other chance encounter? The heroes seek her out themselves?

There are dozens upon dozens of things you could do. I mean, this is a bit of a broad topic... :confused:

3. Kandace

Kandace New Member

Thanks.

Shortly after I posted this I came up with the solution. Thanks for the ideas anyways. =)