1. Bob who is nutts

Bob who is nutts New Member

Freemasons

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Bob who is nutts, Mar 12, 2007.

HELP! *guggle...drown*. i have just written 1/2 of a story. it is the best story i have ever written. some guy stumbles onto a Masonic god and publishes the story in a paper, the Freemasons come after him and now he's being chased to hell and back with numerous explotions and much gunfire. it's actualy a lot better than it sounds. but anyway it's the best prose i've ever written, actual dialogue and some okay characters. but i have no ending! what do i do? do i do what shakespeare did and just kill everyone when i get confused and call it a tradgedy? please help Bob. and did i mention that it is important? not just 'i wanna finnish it' important, actualy quite important.

*drowning hand reaches up to search for stray piece of wood*...

2. Ferret

Ferret New Member

The parts of your soul you refuse to recognize.
    https://www.writingforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34 A more appropriate place to ask. But, I would recommend that reveal more about the plot if you're planning on getting any actual help.

3. Bob who is nutts

okay, sorry i'm kinda new at this.

it's a pretty simple story. Main Character looks into freemason/conspiracy theory stuff for craps and giggles, then becomes involved. he begins to believe some of the stuff that ex-masons tell him in all sincerity and after a while he's completely convinced. he writes his findings up for a nowhereville newspaper and it is well received. a few weeks later he gets a knock on the door and it's two men who act like FBI agents but refuse to say they are. one draws a gun and Main Character gets it away from him and shoots him and the other one. he finds masonic tattoos on their bodies and begins to suspect the masons. he then realizes that he has just killed two men and it all looks very bad, so he gets his old revolver, some cash and runs. he hides out with a theorist in his compound for a couple days and that's all i've got, i can't go too much farther without a plot.

i'll post it on the link you gave (thanks, btw), but anything anyone could say will help and i'll keep anyone who's interested posted.

4. Kincaid

Kincaid New Member

As an Ex-Freemason myself, I have to say that though your story (whenever you finish it) may be entertaining, you are very much off-mark. It’s kind of obvious that you’ve never met any real Masons (or at least you did and didn’t know that they were Masons).

You mentioned that your main character uncovers a “Masonic god”; there is no such thing as a Masonic god. Masons are normal people who serve the same God as most people do.

Despite popular belief, Masons are not violent; they aren’t a group of killers or assassins. In fact, they are sworn to be up-standing, law-abiding citizens who aid their fellow man. Now of course, as in everything, there are those bad apples that make the rest look bad. But Masons are not an “evil” or “devil worshiping” cult.

Lastly, if you ever meet someone tattooed with a Masonic symbol, and claims to be a Mason, that person is lying. A REAL Mason wouldn’t do that, because they are sworn not do things of that nature.

5. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

My grandfather's a mason. Very serious about this stuff. Believe me, he'd laugh like anything if he read this. You either need to pick a new plot or a new "cult".

6. Kincaid

Kincaid New Member

You should probably take Ivan's advice.

7. Bob who is nutts

just a quick question. are you just blue-lodge then? i'm sceptical about the whole masonic god thing myslef but i like to look at conspiracy theory sites just to laugh at the nuttcases and so i thought i'd do some research about freemasonry so i'd know what they were talking about. i know masons aren't trained assassins (if they were i'd be joining a lodge right now ;)) and my whole story is fictional.

also, are you religious? muslim, christian, anything? no matter. there are, though, some strange things about masonry. 1st, their initiation ceremony (i think the first one, so you've been through it) is shared with witchcraft,

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1466579788481207090

will explan. also, in the New Encyclopedia of Freemasonry, Arthur Edward Waite says "Masonry is part of a divine quest" which means that it obviously is more than a grown up 4-H group. there are also way too many pentagrams in masonry (if you watch for them, they're there). masons also share the words "so mote et be" exclusively with witchcraft, druidism and satansim.

theorists say that masonry is all about a god named "Johbulin" but i'm very sceptical of this, though it works well as a plot devise.

i have nothing against masons, though i wish UNGLE would clear some stuff up for the public. this is just some fiction based on ramblings of waccos and some stuff i picked up in masonic texts.

8. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

That's no excuse for writing total crap. Wise up.

9. Kincaid

Kincaid New Member

Hey Bob. I just read your most recent comments. Unfortunately I don't have time to respond in detail right now (have to be getting to work) but I will check out that link to see what you mean.

My grandfather-in-law got me into Masonry, but before then, even I would see what looked to me like a pentagram, and think that masons were devil worshipers.

I can’t reveal what the star means, but I can tell you that it’s not what it looks like. It’s turned the way it is for a reason, and it has no relation with the devil. Of course, those who don’t know its meaning get that impression.

My grandfather in law is one of the greatest men who I have had the pleasure of meeting, and he’s a strong, faithful Christian. I know for a fact that if Masonry were evil, he would have nothing to do with it.

But you are right. Your story is just fiction.

10. Bob who is nutts

okay, ivan, shut up. this is fiction, as i said a billion times. i'm christian and people have made all sorts of things against us much worse than this and we aren't allowed to get offended. you can go ahead and make a story about the christian church, 4-H, the NRA, or anything i belong to. if you don't like it bugger off. it's my writing, i'll do it how i like. for all you know it could be the best prose ever written! you don't know what you're talking about so shut up or be civil.

so nice person, what level were you at when you left? i don't think masons are devil worshipers, i think that there's deeper meaning and more too it than they claim, in fact they say that in their texts.

“Were [Freemasonry] merelly--as so many believe--" and as the public is led to belive "an ethical and benevolent society the only issue concerning it would be whether it fulfills that role in the living present: origin and past history could be matters of no moment, or at least none which…would merit a book such as this. Masonry is part of a divine quest.”
    --Arthur Edward Waite, Past Senior Grand Warden of Iowa and Masonic scholar

there are a thousand other things as well. how about masonic baptism? where a child is basicly baptized into freemasonry as one is baptized into a church.

what about all the connections to wicca, druidism and other forms of pagainism, not to mention their admitted connections to such things as ceremonial magic? this is not a "world wide fraternity dedicated to the Brotherhood of Man" as we are told. it is more. it most likely has nothing to do with the judo-christian "lucifer" but it is certainly deeper than most people know.

your grandfather in law came from one of the spike generations, (assuming he was in WWI or WWII) when people turned to freemasonry to try and find the brotherhood that they had through battle. what was his rank? rank has a lot to do with it, answer as much of this as your oaths allow.

11. Kincaid

Kincaid New Member

I left at one of the lower levels for various reasons. At the level were I was at, there were only certain things that I was allowed to know, so I don’t claim to be “all-knowing” on the subject.
    My views on masonry come from the things I was allowed to study, and from observing my grandfather, who went as high in the ranks as it is possible for anyone to go. I am fully aware that a lot of the things we did and said were…a little odd to say the least. I was never made aware of any “magic” however. There are a lot of things we did and said…and even names we used…that are Biblical.

Wicca, druidism and other forms of paganism are regions that focus on various gods. They have a god for the earth, a god for the sun, a god for the forest, the wind, a god for nature…things like that. To be a mason, one has to believe in a SINGLE entity…not multiple ones…like the pagans. Now, whether that entity is called God, Allah…or whatever other name each culture has for HIM…it is ONE.

See, in Masonry we believe (or at least are suppose to believe) that all men are equal, as long as they believe that there is a divine entity greater then themselves which guilds them through life. But there are masons from nearly every walk of life, nearly (not all) religions; therefore it is like a melting pot of various cultures, as far as practice goes.

There is another thing that I am unsure about.

See, I was a Prince Hall Mason…or…black mason. I can’t speak for Caucasian masons. I can only assume that they have to follow the same rules and guidelines as we did, since they suposedly study the same material. It is possible that they do things differently…but I don’t think they do.

Anyway. I didn’t give you any kind of information that you can’t look up on the web or in a library, so I’m not breaking any rules. I’m not sure if I answered all of your questions.

There is so much negative press out there about masons that though I find your story kind of funny, I don’t find it offensive. I have read things far more offensive then I’m sure you could ever cook up.

Oh, one more thing. My grandfather did tell me of stories from the past were “overzealous” masons used masonic laws to justify wrong-doing. They were…vigilantes…I guess you could say. Maybe you can use that in some way.

This is the last I will write on this subject. Sorry I couldn’t be of any real help.

12. Kincaid

Kincaid New Member

Deleted

13. Kincaid

Kincaid New Member

Deleted

14. Bob who is nutts

if this is the last that you will write i won't say much, and try to restrain myself from any "go ahead and run away from a fight" comments. i'll just sum up some points for anyone who wants to read.

masonry, as far as i can tell, is more than a fraternity, as they claim to be. there are strong and admitted connections to ceremonial magic and the occult, along with blood oaths andmurders throughout their history (the "vigilante masons" kincaid was speaking of, research William Morgan for more info) i don't necessarily think that they are "devil worshipers" or anything like that but there is more than we are told. so far most of this forum has gotten off-track from writing to freemasonry itself. please look back at the very beginning post for the actual subject.

thanks.

15. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

1. I'm heavily Christian myself.
    2. Last time I checked, one could be Christian and Freemason at the same time. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)
    3. Best prose ever written? Hehehe....no. (Note: NO OFFENSE WHATSOEVER MEANT AT ALL. Just stating evidencial conclusion.)

Now, getting back to the original purpose of this topic. It would help a lot more if you could post some sections of your story and give us more plot details. Then we can help you in what to do with the rest of your story, and also how to make any changes to avoid blatant mistakes to what is already written.

16. Kincaid

Kincaid New Member

Indeed, we have gotten off suject. My apologies.

From your comments you seemed offended. I thought I had made it clear that it wasn't my intentions to offend...but I guess I was wrong. Just know that it wasn't.

By stating that I would write no more on the subject, I wasn't "running away from a fight." Truthfully, I didn't know we were fighting. I just thought that I had said too much, and that I wasn't helping. I pretty much figured that I couldn't change your veiws, thus there was no more need in trying.

Well anyway...to the story. You originally posted that you needed help a while ago, I hope that's it's not too late.

Like Ivan wrote, it would be helpful if we had just a few more details. I personally feel that it will be a bit difficult for your main character to get out of this alive, being that it's impossible for him to ever escape the fraternity. He can't run and hide forever.

I'm pretty damn good with supernatural twists, so since you seem conviced that masons dabble in magic, I could be a great help there. If that is the direction that you're going in.
    If your just sticking with guns and explosions, that's good too.

I look forward to seeing what the story is all about.

17. Bob who is nutts

thanks, i wasn't offended, but i come across that way sometimes. i apprecitate talking about these things with you, unlike a lot of people you don't get all pissy when i question your society. my mind is open, if i heard some realy good arguements i could be persuaded either way. by fighting i meant argueing, debating, which i firmly believe is the greatest passtime.

i don't think that the freemasons dabble in magic itself, though i do think that they share some origins and traditions with the occult.

i hadn't thought about putting something supernatural crap into it, that's an idea...

i have three ideas for an ending, if you have any strong opinions please post 'em.

1. he somehow forces a confession of wrongdoing from (remember that this is fiction, especialy here) some sort of CEO of the UGLE, then publishes it on youtube or something.

2. he stumbles onto a thousand-year-old war between the masons and catholic church and gets involved somehow

3. after many funky adventures and discoeries he gets killed, assassinated or in a blaze of glory, something fun.

if any of these stick out as good or bad please tell me, it'll be nice to have the opinion of a (ex)mason on these things.

thanks for your help.

18. Kincaid

Kincaid New Member

I sent an idea to your PM. Good luck.

19. Bob who is nutts

thanks.

20. Bob who is nutts