1. lilix morgan

lilix morgan Member

Question?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by lilix morgan, Mar 16, 2009.

Okay, so I have eight chapters of my book currently done and ready to roll, and I'd like to post some of it on here for you guys to read.
    But, I'm unsure if I should stick it in the short story section or the novel section?
    Any suggestions?:confused:

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Also, if you have ANY plans of publishing your novel, ever, then you should not post more than a short excerpt or two. Publishers will typically require first publication rights, and if a significant portion of the piece has been posted online, it wwill be considered previously published.

Short stories are not typically divided into chapters.

3. lilix morgan

lilix morgan Member

Ah, okay, sounds good to me!
    I figured I would let a small except here or there that I felt unsure about to be posted, so this way I could improve upon it.

4. jonathan hernandez13

jonathan hernandez13 Contributor Contributor

News that has arrived too late for poor Johnny, Ive been posting so much of my work that now I have to shelf a bunch of my own writing instead of submitting it to a publisher!:(

Besides posting small snips of your work in a review thread I would also recommend emailing chapters to friends that you know and trust for critiques, thats what Ive been doing. The forum is useful for networking.

5. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

since you say it's a book, it can't be a short story, can it?... so post the exerpt/s in the novel section... and mind the advice to not post too much of it...