1. Marcelo

Marcelo Member

Barnes & Noble Leatherbound Classics

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Marcelo, Nov 23, 2009.

These are too good to be true. In the website it says these are $19.98, but I can't believe it. The covers AND contents are too awesome. Has someone seen these leatherbound classics?

2. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

The covers look nice. But for that price, I can get two other books which is why I probably wouldn't buy them. They would make really good gifts though.

3. Evil Flamingo

Evil Flamingo Banned Contributor

Yeah I'd give or accept those as gifts very happily, but I doubtfully would buy them for myself; even if I do like the novel. I'm a poor college student, what do you expect? haha

- Steve

4. InkDream

InkDream Active Member

Sounds about right. Just watch out for abridged editions they can sneak up on you (I hate that). Personally, I'm too cheap to pay that much for a book unless it's a personal favorite.

5. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Yes they do have leatherbound books at Barnes and Noble. I have The Complete Tales of Edgar Allan Poe and The Complete Sherlock Holmes.
    They also have Dante's Inferno. I didn't get it. 40 dollars is enough for me.

6. Marcelo

Marcelo Member

I have been saving some money specifically for books, and since I can buy books about three times a year (Every time I visit the United States, as I prefer to read in English than in Spanish) I get loads of 'em. So I'll be getting three or four of these. :)

7. Marcelo

Marcelo Member

Two of the ones I plan buying. Are they any good?

8. Evil Flamingo

Evil Flamingo Banned Contributor

Yes they are both exceptional, although I only have the Poe one. I have read the other though as well.

9. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

I have the leatherbound black-and-gold Edgar Allan Poe book (with a gold skull on the cover if anyone else has the same edition). Beautiful book, definitely worth the price. I wanted the Alice in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass one as well, but it was gone. Those editions get snapped up quick, I've noticed. :D

10. Eric Aiello

Eric Aiello Member

I love these, too. I have the complete Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy "trilogy." It's a very nice book that contains 6 books. Six books for twenty bucks bound in a nice black leather cover is good for me! They have the complete works of Shakespeare which I'd also like to get.

11. marina

marina Contributor Contributor

I wonder if the pages are super thin and not acid-free. That might explain how they can sell them so cheap. But yeah, they sound perfect for a gift.