Batman

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Raven, May 3, 2008.

Tags:
?

Which Is Your Favourite Batman Feature And Series

Poll closed May 10, 2008.
  1. The Original 60s Series (Adam West)

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  2. Batman (Michael Keaton)

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  3. Batman Returns (Michael Keaton)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Batman Forever (Val Kilmer)

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  5. Batman And Robin (George Clooney)

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Birds Of Prey (Ashley Scott)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Batman Begins (Christian Bale)

16 vote(s)
    61.5%
  8. Batman The Animated Series (Kevin Conrad)

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  9. Batman Beyond The Animated Series (Kevin Conrad)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Rickie writes

Rickie writes New Member

Those were reruns. It used to come on at night during the "family hour". He was corny, like the original Star Trek.

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I remember them, Rickie. Thet were the hottest show on television at the time, but I just thought they were awful - even given that their intent was completely tongue in cheek.

I liked the Green Hornet better, when it came out a year or two later to capitalize on Batman's popularity, but even that wasn't great (even with Bruce Lee as Kato)

3. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

I remember liking Batman Begins as well....

4. Raven

Raven Banned

So which Batman do you all like then.
    Me its gotta be Keaton's simply because of the first Batman movie.

5. Mr Sci Fi

Mr Sci Fi New Member

Christian Bale.

6. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

Yea Bale redeemed the Batman movies for me too. (Though I'll always have a secial place for West).

7. Cogito

Batman Beyond was a worthy entry as well (Bruce Wayne was voiced by Kevin Conroy, I believe)

8. Neha

Neha Beyond Infinity. Contributor

Batman strikes again.

To tell you the truth never watched any of those movies. The Batman cartoons were bad enough. And I HATE Cartoons-any type.

9. Raven

Raven Banned

Sacrilage. Strike that girl down. :p

10. Neha

Neha Beyond Infinity. Contributor

Seriously. The Spiderman movies were bad enough. But the chemistry was great. Who's interested in macho men saving the world having no time for their girls?? Sheesh. Not me. None of my friends rather. Or my klassmates. Hmm, about only 5-6 girls in my school rather.

11. FinalConflict

FinalConflict New Member

The only one I've seen is the one with George Clooney although I've heard Batman Begins is very good.

12. Raven

Raven Banned

Its extremely good and restored a lot of faith back in the ongoing movie franchise.

13. Cogito

I suspect I may be in the minority here, but the trailers I have seen with Heath Ledger as the Joker - well, trailers can be misleading, but he seems - psychotic but nowhere near as spontaneously raving as I would want from the character.

Especially if this sequel to Batman Begins is keeping the same taut, dark atmosphere, I feel it's important for the joker to be Batman's polar opposite - raving where Batman is brooding, loud where Batman is silent, yet both with the same core of darkness. They are the opposite sides of the same coin.

14. Bluemouth

Bluemouth Contributor Contributor

The second half of that post was pretty 'deep' in a way, so I'll just voice my own opinion and hope it fits in. :)

From the trailer I'm very pleased with Heath. I think he has the character nuances down perfectly. There's a very brief shot where he fires an RPG or Rocket Launcher and recoils. That's possibly the most perfect nuance I've ever seen. I'm confident he'll do the part justice.

But do remember, if I recall correctly, that the movie focuses more on Two-Face than the Joker.

15. Raven

Raven Banned

Heath may yet have to prove himself. But I get thye impression He's going to be playing the Joker like the crazed Psycho from the cartoons voiced by Mark hamill. I also think that he just may be a good replacement for Nicholson. Time will tell and we'll soon know once the film hits us. But until then I will have faith. Because Chris Nolen did bring Batman back from the death of Batman and Robins flop.

And Batman Begins was good.

16. Mr Sci Fi

Mr Sci Fi New Member

Batman Begins was the best comic movie ever. I challenge anyone to beat it. Furthermore, I challenge any Marvel movie to beat it.

17. Raven

Raven Banned

I agree it was by far an excellent return. But sadly I think the first batman with Michael keaton was by far the best. The visuals of Gotham city were the best the Bat Mobile was also the best the Joker was superb played by Nicholson. Vikki Vale worked I loved the whole impact from the first moment you see Batman Kick the crap out of those two scum bags holds on over the edge and he askes that question "Who Are You."

"I'm Batman." Magic. Just magic.

18. FinalConflict

FinalConflict New Member

Yeah, that was a good scene.

19. Raven

Raven Banned

Hell of a good scene. ;)

20. adamant

adamant Contributor Contributor

21. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

I've always been a huge fan of batman, even since I was little. Watched all the older movies. When the new Batman Begins came out I thought it was okay, but was somewhat disappointed. However, I recently rewatched it, and my opinion of it has changed. Batman is by far one of my favorite superheroes simply because he isn't "super" by traditional means. I mean, Superman isn't human. Spiderman has powers, as do most superheroes. Batman, on the other hand, is just a normal man turned vigilante trying to do the right thing. I don't think it beat the older movies (Batman, Batman Returns, and Batman Forever) but it was still very, very good. I'm looking forward to the new movie this summer.

22. Raven

Raven Banned

If think thats what makes Batman. The lack of powers but more gadgets and skill and intellect.

But as good as Batman begins was it wasn't a patch on the 1989 Batman movie starring Micheal Keaton. :)

23. Cogito

His obsession with justice and his associated personality disorders are also part of his appeal as a character.

24. ILTBY

ILTBY Contributor Contributor

It was a toss-up between Batman and Batman Begins for me, but I went for Batman Begins in the end, just because of the better special effects and such. Batman will always be one of my favourite films, Jack Nicholson and Michael Keaton were brilliant in it. Also love Batman Returns though I've watched it too much recently. Michelle Pfieffer (sp?) is excellent as Catwoman in that one.

Absolutely hate the Adam West series, though, it's just far too cheesy for me :p

25. Mr Sci Fi

Mr Sci Fi New Member

No, it was better.

The Tim Burton vehicles, and especially the Shumacker films, didn't capture the realism the same way Nolan did. The original Batman movie was great because it broke the conventions established by Adam West and it was downright gritty. But it was silly. It still had that campy comic book feel. And let's be frank, it was made for the comic fans. And it delivered well.

But Batman Begins could've been any other movie. Batman was a character that you didn't have to read about since childhood to understand. Batman Begins had all the grittiness and darkness of Burton's film, but it was REAL darkness. This is the way a real dystopia would look. This is how real people would act. Bruce Wayne could've been your billionaire next door neighbor for all you know. He was THAT real.

Batman Begins appealed everyone, regardless of its comic book roots. It saved Batman from his campy stigma and revived him as a pissed off, ass kickin' ninja.