1. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Contest Winner! Becky Jean wins the gold with "The Misty Mermaids"!

Discussion in 'Bi-Weekly Short Story Contest Archives' started by GingerCoffee, Aug 18, 2014.

Short Story Contest (160) - Theme: "Mermaids"
    Congratulations @BeckyJean for another excellent story, "The Misty Mermaid".

Send me a PM with your theme for the next contest. And we'll use it in two weeks.

@Wreybies will get your gold medal to you soon.

Competition was tough again and I remain impressed by the quality of entries we are getting in this contest. I haven't seen a bad story in a long time.

The story that placed second was, "Toby's Mother," by @Charisma.

Thanks again to the other authors that entered and all the forum members who voted.

I have begun to read these stories with learning in mind about what works and what doesn't. It's all about becoming a better writer, even while reading the contest entries. Thanks to you all for giving me examples of your writing to read.

BeckyJean likes this.
  2. BeckyJean

BeckyJean Member

There were some really good stories under this theme! I didn't think i'd pull it out this time. So thank you for those that voted for my story. :) I'm learning SO much and enjoying the process. I can't seem to look at the world these days; see a peculiar or ironic situation and not immediately begin writing a short-story in my head. ;) So thank you, GingerCoffee, for these very fun, educational opportunities! I'll PM you with a theme suggestion.

3. Exclusive

Exclusive Member

Congrats, BeckyJean. You wrote a nice story, and I agree. There were a lot of awesome entries.

BeckyJean likes this.
  4. BeckyJean

BeckyJean Member

@ GingerCoffee - did I miss the new theme for the next contest? Did it start yet?

5. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Sorry, it's hard to notice in my sig:
    I've had a busy writing/work week and haven't posted the new contest yet. We've switched to a 3 week schedule to give the forum one contest per weekend so you still have 2.5 weeks to write the story. I'll get the thread posted by tomorrow.

And for anyone that needs even more time, the contest after "Escape" will be "Little Black Dress" per @BeckyJean. :D

6. BeckyJean

BeckyJean Member

Ah, okay! Didn't mean to rush you. Just thought I might have missed it in a thread somewhere. How fun that you're on a writing roll! :) Okay... i'll get started on "Escape"!