Best book for battle scenes

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Nadine, Feb 15, 2011.

1. HarleyQuinn

HarleyQuinn New Member

Lol I do! Why do you think I post this stuff?

2. Nadine

Nadine New Member

Hey Im gonna check this chapter out since I wanna include a battle in space, so it will help really, either to see how good or badly it has been done lol

We're all nerds, infact my friends call me a neek; a cross between a geek and a nerd. You would never think so to look at me.

A friend gave me 'The secret War' by M.F.W Curran. Ive just read the first chapter but has anyone got a good or bad thing to say about this book, I dont want to be wasting my time lol

3. Porcupine

Porcupine Member

One thing to remember is that there is no conventional sound in space. Movies consistently forget about this, but in a book your readers will probably get annoyed. ;) A spaceship blowing up would make a big flash, and a nice big explosion cloud, but you would only get a sound when pieces of it start hitting the ship you're in yourself.

A ship flying past would also not make a sound, unless the rocket engine nozzles are directly aimed at your ship and not very far away. Then the propellant from the rockets will hit you and make a sort of wind-like rushing noise.

4. ScaryMonster

ScaryMonster Active Member

Let me see? Eiji Yoshikawa's book Musashi has some pretty full on fight scenes and they are supposedly historically accurate.