1. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

RIP Chinua Achebe

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by thirdwind, Mar 22, 2013.

I just heard that the author of Things Fall Apart, Chinua Achebe, has died. He's considered by many to be the father of African literature, and a great writer like him will certainly be missed.

I first read Things Fall Apart in high school, and I remember really liking it. I'm pretty sure it was the first book I read that was written by an African writer. He also has some really good essays that are worth reading. For those of you who haven't read anything by him, I highly recommend starting with Things Fall Apart.

2. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Darn. I heard so much good about him that a short time ago I ordered A Man of the People from Amazon and it's high on my to-read pile.

RIP, sir.

3. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

From an Achebe fan, RIP Chinua. Your essays are a continuing influence on me.

4. Nee

Nee Member

I just ordered Things Fall Apart, because I remember reading it in school, but that was a long time ago, and I want to read it again now that I have an adult mindset. (sort-of)