1. KhalieLa

KhalieLa It's not a lie, it's fiction. Contributor

Blind Date with a Book

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by KhalieLa, May 9, 2016.

My local bookstore has set up a Blind Date with a Book program. I choose two; one worked out, the other didn't, but neither complained when I expected them to accompany to bed shortly after dinner that first night.

It was fun participating and the money goes to a worthy cause, funding book fairs in the local schools. I wrote about my experience on my blog (Blind Date with a Book) if you're interested. I think I might pick up a date (or two) a few times a year for kicks and giggles.

[​IMG]

Does anyone else know of a bookstore that does anything like this? Would you participate if they did?

Last edited: May 10, 2016
    zoupskim likes this.
  2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Jinkies, but that's a 'uge picture! :ohno::-D The little hints as to your "date's" personality are cute. I would do this if there were a local bookseller offering such. Sadly, the only booksellers 'round these parts are of the religious sort. We don't even have "big box" booksellers anymore. :bigfrown:

KhalieLa likes this.
  3. zoupskim

zoupskim Contributor Contributor

... I approve of this.

4. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Sounds interesting. Sure what the hell.

KhalieLa likes this.
  5. KhalieLa

KhalieLa It's not a lie, it's fiction. Contributor

Well . . . it's not that big on my blog! (I'm not sure how or why that happened. Feel free to resize it.)

Do we need to start a program to ship unwanted advanced copies to ex-pats? That's what all the book in the program are, advance copies. Those can't be sold, so the bookstore puts them in plain brown packaging for a blind date.