1. Neo

Neo Member

Front Matter and copyright issues (Kindle ebook publishing)

Discussion in 'Electronic Publishing' started by Neo, Feb 14, 2012.

Hi.

I've finished my MS and am planning to publish on Kindle and Createspace, but trying to find reliable information on precisely what goes into the "front matter" of my book is a challenge. Can anyone help?

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

all you have to do to find out is look at the books you have lying around the house and/or books available on amazon, kindle and creatspace that have the 'look inside' feature available!

3. CH878

CH878 Active Member

as maia says, looking at published books is a good starting point, but you might also want to check out the copyright agency's website, they will probably have some guidelines.

As far as I have been able to work out, the copyright statement does not have legal weight as such because copyright exists automatically from the moment of production. I'd be happy to be corrected on this though because I'm no expert.

The basic copyright statement looks something like this:

Copyright (c) _year of publication_ _name of author_

Then you might want to go on and detail any particular rights such as reprinting, distribution and such. 'All rights reserved' covers this as far as I'm aware.

4. Neo

Neo Member

I've since sorted this out, actually! Thank you anyway :)