1. bossfearless

bossfearless Active Member

Beta Reading Beta Readers needed for irreverent fantasy novel

Discussion in 'Collaboration' started by bossfearless, Apr 5, 2015.

Hey guys and gals, I need some help. I've got this novel that is getting its final coat of polish and has already been through a beta read once. Now I'm addressing the issues that were brought up, doing the last few rewrites and it should be ready to go out for another pass at beta readers. The title of the novel is Drudge Work, the first book in a series that will hopefully be as epic as it is ridiculous. Gonna get me some of that Harry Potter money, bling bling!

But seriously, I could really use a group of beta readers who will actually open the book, read it, and get back to me with their thoughts, impressions and any specific edits they had in mind. Ideally I'd love to have four people finish the book this time around. Last time only one guy out of twelve even bothered opening the book and he finished it, so either he was just awesome or the book really is fun to read. I'm hoping it's more of the latter.

Anyway, please holler at me if you want to take a peek under the creepy, featureless metal hood of Drudge Work or if you just want to know more about a four hundred pound mage who ends the world with a sausage.

kfmiller likes this.
  2. Dunning Kruger

Dunning Kruger Active Member

If it's as entertaining as your opening about dragons copulating on your coffee table, I would volunteer. I must confess though, I have a lot of demands on my time so I am not sure I can really fulfill this the way you want. I'll give it as much time as I can though. Ping me if you want me to read it and I'll give you my email address.

3. kfmiller

kfmiller Active Member

I'll read it

But in exchange I'll need you to send me a video of you singing "Fancy" by Iggy Azalea.

Hubardo likes this.
  4. bossfearless

That can be arranged. PM me with your email address please.

5. kfmiller

kfmiller Active Member

Done

6. bossfearless

Big preemptive thank you to the folks who have signed on to help with the beta reading. I just sent out copies of the manuscript to everyone who was interested so far. Anyone else out there, let me know if you want in on this in the next couple days.

7. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

PM me the first 300 words rounded off to a complete paragraph and I'll consider it. I'm not a big fan of some kinds of fantasy, but others I do enjoy so I need to see if it's for me.

8. bossfearless

PM sent. If I had to assign it a genre I'd call it "gutter fantasy." There's very little of the normal dragon-slaying stuff and it never takes itself too seriously.

9. A.M.P.

A.M.P. People Buy My Books for the Bio Photo Contributor

I've seen you around the forums :3
    I'd gladly read the first three (3) pages and give you any insight I can.
    PM or e-mail me.

10. ToDandy

ToDandy Senior Member

Sign me up, boss!