Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

Dec 9, 2012

Announcement Bi-Weekly Flash Fiction Contest Rules

Discussion in 'Bi-Weekly Flash Fiction Contest' started by Lewdog, Mar 3, 2014.

If you wish to enter a contest you can post the story directly to the contest thread, it will show up as anonymous. This is to ensure anonymity, and to make this contest fairer for all - having each story judged based on their merits. Please do not vote for your own entry. If you wish to have your story kept as 'unpublished,' please let me know. For each contest I will create a workshop thread for each contest in order to make it only view-able by members.

This contest is open to all members, newbies and the established alike. At the deadline I will collate all entries and put them forward for voting in a separate thread. The winning entry will be stickied until the next competition winner. I will also create a Hall of Fame where each contest winner will have their stories posted with a running tally for the winner's names and number of times won. Unfortunately, there is no prize but pride on offer for this contest, and now medals! As always, the winner may also PM me to request the theme of a subsequent contest if he/she wishes.

Theme is courtesy of our last contest winner. Any interpretation is valid. Entries do not have to follow the themes explicitly, but off-topic entries may not be entered into the voting.

Word limit: 150-450 words
    Deadline for entries will be 6 p.m. Sunday, Eastern Standard Time each week. (For the first two contests I will chose a prompt from the prompt thread, and after that, a prompt will be chosen by the winning entrant.)

There is a 25 word-limit leniency at both ends of the scale. Please try to stick within the limit. Any piece outside of the suggested limit may not be entered into the voting.

If we reach 25 entries, the maximum number of stories for any one contest, I will consider splitting the contest into two. Only one entry per contest per contestant is permitted.

Because this is flash fiction, do your best to make your entry an impact-full piece, but still make sure to incorporate the prompt. Any piece seemingly outside of the topic will be dealt with in a piece by piece basis to decide its legitimacy for the contest.

A story entered into the contest may not be one that has been posted anywhere on the internet, not just anywhere on this site. A story may not be posted for review until the contest ends, but authors may seek critiques after voting closes for the contest. Members may also not repost a story anywhere, or bring attention to the contest in any way, until the voting has closed.

I believe with the new board software, italics and bolding are preserved when I copy/paste, but justification is not. If I have to do too much by hand to restore the entry to its entered formatting, I reserve the right to ask the author to adjust the formatting.

Please remember to give your piece a title and give its word count in brackets at the top of your story.

If there are any questions, please send me a PM (Conversation). After the entries close, posting in the thread is open for comments.

Thanks, and good luck!

**New information: If you wish to edit your story after you've submitted it, send the newer version to me in your 'conversation'. I will replace it one time with the edited version if submitted before voting has begun.**

*Thanks to Ginger for allowing me to use her rules as a template!
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
    Andrae Smith likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.