Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morepages

morepages Member Contest Administrator

Past Contest Bi-Weekly Poetry Contest #240: October #1, 2013 -- The Trochee (SUBMISSION CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Bi-Weekly Poetry Contest Archives' started by morepages, Sep 28, 2013.

Bi-Weekly Poetry Contest #240
    for the first two weeks of October 2013:

THE TROCHEE
    We've had a few larger themes through the poetry contest lately (and maybe that's the way it should be), but I thought I would try a more...puzzling theme for this contest. Please let me know how this kind of theme works for you.

The Trochee is a metric foot in poetry which consists of a stressed syllable and then an unstressed one (DUN-dun DUN-dun DUN-dun). It's an overpowering rhythm which sounds an awful lot like a heartbeat. The theme this week is to incorporate the trochee into a poem on a topic of your choosing; the winning poet will be the poet who most effectively uses the trochee to evoke their poem's message.

Best wishes,
    Morepages

2. morepages

morepages Member Contest Administrator

No one dares to face the mighty wordsmithing of @JJ_Maxx in the arena? Take your best shot at using a Trochee in a poem before the Submission Deadline of next Friday!
    Remember, you can always PM me with drafts you're working on if you want to know if they're right for the contest!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.