1. Inquisitor Ehrenstein

Inquisitor Ehrenstein Member

Biographies for characters I created

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by Inquisitor Ehrenstein, Apr 25, 2013.

2. Thornesque

Thornesque Contributing Member

I believe we already have quite a few character biography threads, so I would suggest hunting them down (they're really not far back).

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

This isn't a writing issue. It's show and tell. That's one of the things your member blog is for.

The Writing Issues forums are for "we" discussions, not "me: discussions. Even when someone is asking for help, it is also for the benefit of other members struggling with similar problems.

As for character biographies: You write dull stories about your characters so you can write better stories with your characters? Why not just write the main story?

4. AVCortez

AVCortez Active Member

We all have our methods... The link was dead so I can't really comment.

It's good to see artists starting out. You should get some books on "how to draw anatomy" and "how to draw portraits". I used a "how to draw manga" book when I was very young, this gave me a foundation. Lately I've used Andrew Lumis' books on figure drawing. They are freely available here. They might be a bit difficult to follow, I'm really not sure because I'd been drawing for years when I got stuck into them. They are hands down the best how to draw collection I've ever read.